Gasgow Haskell compiler

General talk about packaging procedures and packages.
SoleSoul

Re: Gasgow Haskell compiler

Post by SoleSoul »

Unfortunately I'm currently not running Salix so I can't test the packages, sorry.

BTW, I spent quite some time learning Haskell and I found http://learnyouahaskell.com/ to be a nice place to start if you want to learn the language. I liked it.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Re: Gasgow Haskell compiler

Post by mimosa »

This has proved a tougher nut to crack than I expected. For now, I have submitted a revised version of the original package that basically just unpacks a binary distribution of GHC. This should be equivalent to the existing SlackBuild, hopefully now with docs and everything else where they should be.

Meanwhile, as time permits, I will keep tinkering with the real (from source) package. It occurred to me just now there's no reason not to use the quickest build for this (which produces a highly inefficient compiler). So maybe it won't be too long till I crack it. There's no reason for it not to work and it's most likely some stupid, obvious thing. I got fixated on solving the problem quickly, and for one thing, didn't investigate changing the build parameters. Only the most thorough build will do for an actual package, but the sketchiest one will do for testing basic success.