gtkpod: What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

General talk about packaging procedures and packages.
jayseye

Re: gtkpod: What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Post by jayseye »

Seriously, the part I had trouble remembering was, I can think? :roll: How ironic, though that did prove my point about needing sleep. And after solving a few more puzzle pieces, that's my situation again: will tackle the rest in the morning. :wink:

Great news though: apparently djemos has been reading this thread, and updated his Clementine binary to 1.1.1 for Slackel. :grin: Thanks once again, Dimitris! :cool:
hakerdefo

Post by hakerdefo »

djemos rocks :) And check out the following link, it might be of help to you,
https://github.com/Vliegendehuiskat/sla ... clementine
cheers!!!
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

Clementine 1.1.1 has some new dependencies as libgpod, usbmuxd, libimobiledevice, libtasn1, chromaprint. So i had to make SLKBUILDS for those packages first, except libgpod and libtasn1 which are slackware packages.
The bad think is that visualizations need libkscreen otherwise when user clicks on visualizations clementine crash. This happens also on clementine 1.0.1 on kde-4.10.0
Since libkscreen is a native kde app installing it will pull a lot of kde packages. Not good for openbox or other editions of salix. The solution was to build clementine disabling visualizations.
I don't know if it is good to update clementine to 1.1.1 for salix-kde-14.0 since 1.0.1 is stable and works fine.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

If the older version's stable and does the job ...

My 2c and I think it's in the spirit of Slackware/Salix/Slackel :)
hakerdefo

Post by hakerdefo »

djemos wrote:....when user clicks on visualizations clementine crash.
Visualizations made Clementine to freeze & crash on Windows. Never tried visualizations in Linux. Will try and check.
jayseye

Post by jayseye »

Podcast support was added in Clementine version 1.1 so, without that feature, I'd probably have stayed with gtkpod.

Over the past couple of days, our Internet connection here has been down more than up. Will wait for the promised fix, before I try to accomplish much of anything online. That includes commenting here on the Forum. :-|

Thanks to all for taking an interest in this topic. With luck, Clementine will be running here by this time tomorrow.
hakerdefo

Post by hakerdefo »

jayseye wrote:Over the past couple of days, our Internet connection here has been down more than up. With luck, Clementine will be running here by this time tomorrow.
Internet connection blues in Brownsmead too?!? And i thought we were the only people on earth with bad net services ;)
And did you check this slackbuild,
https://github.com/Vliegendehuiskat/sla ... clementine
jayseye

Post by jayseye »

Ironic that we're just a couple hours drive from Oregon State University's Open Source Lab, where Linus works and Slackware has its main mirror. Yet out here in the woods, phone and DSL service is provided only by a rural carrier, with horribly overloaded equipment and 1.5Mbps line speed.

I've yet to check that Slackbuild, because Slackel already has a binary, finely crafted by the master! Yet you've suggested that Slackbuild twice, and have yet to steer my wrong hakerdefo, so I should at least ask, Why? :grin:
hakerdefo

Post by hakerdefo »

jayseye wrote:...phone and DSL service is provided only by a rural carrier, with horribly overloaded equipment and 1.5Mbps line speed.

....you've suggested that Slackbuild twice, and have yet to steer my wrong hakerdefo, so I should at least ask, Why? :grin:
Identical situation here! Only one internet provider with poor service, overloaded network and a frustrated hakerdefo ;)
And re suggesting that slackbuild twice, i'm a slackware noob and i'm not really familiar with slackbuilds. That guy hosts a great collection of slackbuilds and i wanted someone like you with a good slackbuilds knowledge to have a look at them and check out how good those builds are. So in a way you can say that i was being a bit selfish there ;)
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Sounds like *third world* internet :twisted: