SweetHome3d

General talk about packaging procedures and packages.
JoPalMo

SweetHome3d

Post by JoPalMo »

Hi, I'm a Linux beginner runing SALIX xfce 14.1.
I'm interested to install SweetHome 3D.
It always crash trying to install jdk. How can I proceed?

administrador[~]$ sudo slapt-src -i SweetHome3D
Password:
The following packages will be installed:
SweetHome3D
The following dependent slackbuilds will be built and installed:
jdk
Do you want to continue? [y/N] y
Fetching README...Done
Fetching jdk.SlackBuild...Done
Fetching jdk.info...Done
Fetching profile.d/jdk.csh...Done
Fetching profile.d/jdk.sh...Done
Fetching slack-desc...Done
Fetching http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java ... z...Failed
marcxjo

Re: SweetHome3d

Post by marcxjo »

JoPalMo wrote:Hi, I'm a Linux beginner runing SALIX xfce 14.1.
I'm interested to install SweetHome 3D.
It always crash trying to install jdk. How can I proceed?

Password:
SweetHome3D
jdk
Fetching README...Done
Fetching jdk.info...Done
I had this problem a few months ago. You need to download the tarball manually, because Oracle requires you to agree explicitly to its license (i.e., by way of a checkbox) before you can actually download it.

You can grab it up at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 80261.html. Again, you'll have to agree to the license, and you'll want to be sure you grab the file specified in the slackbuild (i.e., not the .rpm for i586).

To grab up the slackbuild and related files, you can go to http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.1/development/jdk/ and either grab all the files listed under "Individual Files," or you can just grab jdk.tar.gz under "Download Slackbuild."

On the other hand, if you ever have this problem again, you might try lftp. This makes grabbing up slackbuild files a lot more efficient. (Note, though, that this will still not get you the jdk tarball directly; it just makes it considerably easier to get your packaging directory set up quickly.)

Code: Select all

sudo /usr/sbin/slapt-get -i lftp
cd into a directory you want to reserve for packaging (e.g. /home/yourusername/Packages or something similar), and create a mirror of the slackbuild directory you want. I usually just use my own slapt-{get|src} mirror to supply the proper URL (this can probably also be done with sbo, but since it's much easier to figure out the directory structure of my mirror, I just stick to using it instead). Here's an example:

lftp -c "open http://mirrors.xmission.com/salix/sbo/14.1/development; open jdk"
In other words, find the parent directory of the actual directory you want to mirror, provide *that* URL after the open switch, and (predictably enough :mrgreen:) mirror the directory you actually want to mirror. In my case, the server I'm using to accomplish this is http://www.mirrors.xmission.com/salix/; that's the part you'd probably want to replace with the mirrors in your own slapt-{get|src}rc files, or you can just refer to this list for the one closest to you geographically.

This'll put a subdirectory in your package directory populated with all the files needed for the jdk slackbuild. Just move the tarball of the jdk in there, run the slackbuild, and it'll build the jdk and place its package in /tmp. Use

ls jdk*
to find the .tgz, and then just install it with

sudo /sbin/installpkg name-of-jdk-tarball.tgz
Hope this helps!
JoPalMo

Post by JoPalMo »

Well, I've downloaded jdk-7u51-linux-i586.tar.gz from Oracle but now I don't know exactly what to do with it...
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Post by laprjns »

I suggest trying to install openjdk using slapt-get first then try building sweethome3d using slapt-src.
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
JoPalMo

Post by JoPalMo »

After installing openjdk I got the same error with SH3D.

SweetHome3D
jdk
Fetching README...Done
Fetching jdk.info...Done
knome
Donor

Post by knome »

As far as I remember SweetHome3d requires official Java. Open jdk doesn't work.

It's complicated to install but try following these instructions...

http://docs.slackware.com/howtos:software:java
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Post by laprjns »

knome wrote:As far as I remember SweetHome3d requires officiath :D l Java. Open jdk doesn't work.
That may be true but I believe that slapt-src is failing here because it is looking for a package called jdk, not openjdk. Salix dependency files allow for jdk or openjdk. So before going through the trouble of installing jdk, install openjdk and the try installing weathome3d using slapt-src "no dependency" option. Check slapt-src --help for the correct syntax.
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

laprjns wrote:
knome wrote:As far as I remember SweetHome3d requires officiath :D l Java. Open jdk doesn't work.
That may be true but I believe that slapt-src is failing here because it is looking for a package called jdk, not openjdk. Salix dependency files allow for jdk or openjdk. So before going through the trouble of installing jdk, install openjdk and the try installing weathome3d using slapt-src "no dependency" option. Check slapt-src --help for the correct syntax.
This.

If you have done a full salix installation, you should have openjre installed anyway. I haven't tried sweethome3d, but I kind of doubt it needs jdk instead of jre. So you probably don't need anything other than what you have installed. If it indeed fails to run (after you have installed it with "slapt-src --no-dep"), then try installing openjdk with slapt-get. If it still doesn't run, then create and install the oracle jdk package.
JoPalMo

Post by JoPalMo »

I´ve tried installation without dependencies, that is trusting in installed openjdk, but it doesn't works... :roll: I guess that Oracle jdk is essential

(...)
Slackware package /usr/src/slapt-src/graphics/SweetHome3D/SweetHome3D-4.1-i486-1_SBo.txz created.

Installing package SweetHome3D-4.1-linux-x86...
ERROR: [block:-1] corrupted tgz archive (invalid header checksum)
ERROR: error thrown
ERROR: Package file is corrupted. (SweetHome3D-4.1-linux-x86.tgz)
ERROR: Package installation failed!
/sbin/spkg -u --reinstall --install-new SweetHome3D-4.1-linux-x86.tgz Failed
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

No, the package is created, but there is indeed a problem. slapt-src tries to install the "source" tarball instead of the actual package.

You can probably install the package with:

sudo spkg /usr/src/slapt-src/graphics/SweetHome3D/SweetHome3D-4.1-i486-1_SBo.txz