acpica does not install correctly from sourcery

General talk about packaging procedures and packages.
jsfarinet

acpica does not install correctly from sourcery

Post by jsfarinet »

I think there is a mistake in the acpica tarball in sourcery. When i try to install it, it stops the installation with lament:

Did not find directory or file /usr/scr.... /acpica-unix2-20141107.tar.gz ; although standing at sourcery it should be: acpica-unix2-20140926.tar.gz. Looking there, indeed there is acpica-unix2-20140926.tar.gz. So, acpica.SlackBuild is looking for a newer version than those sourcery offers (indeed, line 26 shows:

Code: Select all

VERSION=${VERSION:-20141107}
).

I went to SlackBuild.org, found and downloaded the newer version, put it into that directory and restarted the installation from sourcery which went thru. Now, sourcery tells me acpica 20140926 is installed (although in reality it is 20121107).

May someone could correct that (either correcting acpicaSlackBuild or putting in the newer tarball)?
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Re: acpica does not install correctly from sourcery

Post by laprjns »

Your problem is that you did not update your local Slackbuild cache. Slackbuild change log show the the acpica package was updated to version 20141107 on December 13. By not updating the cache, sourcery tried to install a package that no longer was on the repository. When you manually installed the latest versions acpica without updating the cache, sourcery thinks that the version identified in the local cache is installed.
Always update the local cache before installing application. This is true for both sourcery and gslapt.
jsfarinet wrote:May someone could correct that (either correcting acpicaSlackBuild or putting in the newer tarball

Salix does not maintain nor has any control over Slackbuilds, so even if there was a problem with the acpica slackbuild scrip or the tarball, Salix could not do anything about it.
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
jsfarinet

Re: acpica does not install correctly from sourcery

Post by jsfarinet »

Thanks! And sorry ... ;)