Denemo Slackbuild.

General talk about packaging procedures and packages.
globetrotterdk

Denemo Slackbuild.

Post by globetrotterdk »

A couple questions about a Slackbuild script for denemo. Firstly, can people copyright Slackbuild scripts as is stated in the following script? Secondly, this looks pretty generic, except the inclusion of the "Soundware" category. Should this work with the latest version of denemo?

http://www.studioware.org/files/slackbu ... SlackBuild
Military justice is to justice what military music is to music. - Groucho Marx
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Denemo Slackbuild.

Post by gapan »

globetrotterdk wrote:A couple questions about a Slackbuild script for denemo. Firstly, can people copyright Slackbuild scripts as is stated in the following script?
They can. People can copyright anything they want. But that doesn't mean that it's anything important. Especially if you the only thing you do is take a template, edit one or two lines and add your name at the top.
globetrotterdk wrote:Secondly, this looks pretty generic, except the inclusion of the "Soundware" category. Should this work with the latest version of denemo?
Without having tried it, I'd say yes. Something should have fundamentally changed in denemo for it not to work.
globetrotterdk

Re: Denemo Slackbuild.

Post by globetrotterdk »

Thanks. The script works, but I wouldn't recommend denemo as there are a fair amount of dependencies. Probably about as many as Rosegarden, but I gave up most of the way through, when there was an uncertified redirection while downloading a dependency at the oracle.com domain.
Military justice is to justice what military music is to music. - Groucho Marx