Dependencies - Gslapt

General talk about packaging procedures and packages.
mrstordal

Dependencies - Gslapt

Post by mrstordal »

Hi!

I just finished installing Remmina, the remote desktop application. It works fine.
I am on Salix XFCE 14.2. I had ti install 12 dependencies before I could install Remmina, and I got most of it, if not all, from Slackbuilds.org.

When I ran the install script for Remmina, I had an error, saying also needed libvnc-server, which I found from gslapt.

Here's my question: In gslapt, there was also a list of dependencies. But I just installed it without checking those, and it works. But was I supposed to install those dependencies as well, or do they get installed automatically?

Best regards
mrstordal

Re: Dependencies - Gslapt

Post by mrstordal »

I need to add something here, Remmina works fine with RDP (whis is what I needed), but I have not tried the VNC-option. So I don't know if it works. But this post is just about Gslapt and dependencies, do I need to install the dependencies listed in Gslapt manually?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I don't understand how you installed remmina in the first place.

But if it's working for you, then you don't need to do anything else. There might be something that doesn't work, like VNC support, but if you don't need it, who cares?
mrstordal

Post by mrstordal »

yup, you're right! But next time I install something with gslapt, should I install all the dependencies first? Or are they being installed in the process?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Any dependencies will be installed automatically if you use gslapt.
mrstordal

Post by mrstordal »

That's what I was hoping! Thank you for your replies!