Firefox

Old stuff that should not bother anyone anymore
.:B:.

Re: Firefox

Post by .:B:. »

JRD wrote:OK, good point.

I like the way decisions/discussions are made here :) Very different from Zenwalk.
I can troll some if you want :twisted: :lol:
Shador

Post by Shador »

.:B:. wrote:
JRD wrote:OK, good point.

I like the way decisions/discussions are made here :) Very different from Zenwalk.
I can troll some if you want :twisted: :lol:
Very different from the ZW IRC Channel too. ;)
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

First of all: Thank you very much to the 'Salix OS Core Team' that bothered to have a public discussion about it!
Personally I prefer Icecat.
JRD wrote:I prefer Iceweasel because we can modify the default starting page, and apply some patches or default extensions. I also want to submit my personal patch for Iceweasel/Firefox about the md5sum which is did each time the browser is launch or closed. I also have a patch to make it work if you use two different screens (no xinerama) or two displays.
SlackBuilds.org - icecat
The Zenwalk User Repository - icecat

I'm modifying all the default 'search providers' which are adding money to Mozilla.
[b][u][url=http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10102297-92.html]CNET News[/url][/u][/b] wrote:Mozilla features Google prominently in two ways: a default start page with a Google search box, and a search bar in the upper right corner of the Firefox interface. Users can configure the search bar to use search from a variety of others, too. Baker said Yahoo and Amazon.com provided a smaller quantity of extra revenue, but Google accounted for 88 percent of the foundation's money.
Now, my semi-founded complains... (based on the history of the humans on the planet earth) - I'm not Mozilla's slave and Mozilla are SO STRONG now that they're starting to slow down real development (wait and see!*), in a very similar way to what happened in the 70's with B.M.W, in the car industry, when they presented the first ever hybrid car, but then, B.M.W have made regular cars and they suddenly had a lot of money (hm.. corrupted contract with the satan maybe. - maybe it's a bad feeling of mine :P

Mozilla Foundation evades taxes on its Google windfall

----
* But a trend of this kind already started 3 years ago or so, when Mozilla promoted products (mainly extensions) featured with the names of official members of Mozilla (hired people of Mozilla) even when these products were unreliable and obsolete and even caused memory leaks to the Firefox web browser (shooting their own legs)

Mozilla are compromised and that's my main problem.
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
tsuren

Post by tsuren »

Now, my semi-founded complains... (based on the history of the humans on the planet earth) - I'm not Mozilla's slave...
Sometimes you make me laugh, really (whether you are doing this intentionally or not is another thing). So your implication here is "we" are Mozilla's slave and "you" are not. If you do not agree with Salix's choice then don't use Salix. Simple as that. You might consider Zenwalk as you rightly pointed out that it uses "icecat", a browser of your choice. But here is another suggestion you might consider seriously. As you know both icecat and ice weasel are products of some legal workaround. You should not be satisfied with that kind of arrangement! You are eating up indirectly the fruits of Mozilla developers borne by their hard work. Why not start making your own browser for yourself?
(Then you are at least to yourself doing some good - and perhaps one day to "the humans on the planet earth").

By the way, the word "semi-founded" is like saying "I am a part-time vegetarian".
'Tommorow is like today, just happens tomorrow.'