Salix in an SSD drive

Other talk about Salix
antmon

Re: Salix in an SSD drive

Post by antmon »

I bought a OCZ Agility 3 60Gb. I just have to pick it up at store first thing Monday morning. And the winner is ext4, I guess it's the best choice.
I'll keep you up to date:
Thanks.
antmon

Post by antmon »

Well it's installed and it's fast and quiet! I love it! Definitively worse the money and the upgrade!
Shador

Post by Shador »

antmon wrote:Definitively worse the money and the upgrade!
Yay! I'm not the only one who's sometimes approaching the english spelling too accoustic. I guess you meant 'worth', but it's amazing how close those opposites are. Spoken when not clearly understandable and fully correctly pronounced there's no difference.
Sorry for nit-picking. But I'm happy to be not alone with that "accoustic spelling" and it's funny how close good and evil can be. :mrgreen:

Good luck with your SSD though. While their producers are marketing their higher reliability the firmware for that new drive technology is sometimes still giving them some headaches and unexpected bugs.
antmon

Post by antmon »

Thanks Shador for the correction! It is "worth" like you said!
And I hope not to have problems with the SSD ! ;)
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

@ Shador

Another one to watch out for: "although" versus "also". The different syllable stress pattern makes it harder for a native speaker to decode, too.

The same logic underlies many spelling mistakes commonly made by native speakers - which is suggestive of the basis used to store the lexicon (phonemes not morphemes). For historical reasons, such as the Norman Conquest, the rationale of English spelling is highly morphological. The same must be true in languages such as modern Greek, and obviously, Japanese and Chinese. However in the last two cases, I imagine phonetic substitution of morphemes doesn't really occur.