RE: Salix 13.02

Other talk about Salix
Lonewolf

RE: Salix 13.02

Post by Lonewolf »

Anyone know of iso download link that is still working? Google search yields only broken/disabled sources. Eager to trial Salix, but only 13.02 release. Also, if 'Mate' is available on 13.02, I would prefer it, but not essential. Thanks!
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: RE: Salix 13.02

Post by gapan »

You can find it on our sourceforge project page... But why would you only be willing to try a release that old? And of course MATE is not available for 13.0 and will never be.
Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

gapan wrote:You can find it on our sourceforge project page... But why would you only be willing to try a release that old? And of course MATE is not available for 13.0 and will never be.
The sourceforge 'search' is not working, nor does Google turn it up...got a working link? SalixOS 13.02 has the kernel version I want. MATE is pretty, but pretty is not required...so which options does 13.02 offer?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

You didn't look hard enough. But why do you want 13.0.2 specifically? You didn't answer that and it really doesn't make sense.
Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

gapan wrote:You didn't look hard enough. But why do you want 13.0.2 specifically? You didn't answer that and it really doesn't make sense.
The best I can get with Sourceforge is to Salixbang, and the closest it gets is Salix 13.37...which is closer than anything Google came up with, but still not on target! I am looking for an active link/source to download SalixOS 13.0.2. I will only trial Linux distros releases having kernel 2.6.29 or prior.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Lonewolf wrote:The best I can get with Sourceforge is to Salixbang, and the closest it gets is Salix 13.37...which is closer than anything Google came up with, but still not on target!
Come on, it's right there. From the salix main page -> top bar -> development -> SF project page -> files, will bring you to this:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/files/
Lonewolf wrote:I am looking for an active link/source to download SalixOS 13.0.2. I will only trial Linux distros releases having kernel 2.6.29 or prior.
But why? It still doesn't make sense.
Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

gapan wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:The best I can get with Sourceforge is to Salixbang, and the closest it gets is Salix 13.37...which is closer than anything Google came up with, but still not on target!
Come on, it's right there. From the salix main page -> top bar -> development -> SF project page -> files, will bring you to this:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/files/
Lonewolf wrote:I am looking for an active link/source to download SalixOS 13.0.2. I will only trial Linux distros releases having kernel 2.6.29 or prior.
But why? It still doesn't make sense.
Thanks! Likely never would of found it without your intervention. As for why, I see no reason to open that tired old can of worms. Lets just say that kernel 2.6.29 (and prior) has what I want, while kernel 2.6.30 (and thereafter) has crud added I refuse to deal with, and leave it at that.