Two questions

Other talk about Salix
Langendoen

Two questions

Post by Langendoen »

Hi,

I've been thinking of installing the KDE edition of Salix, but was wondering if someone could answer these two questions:

-- Is the bytecode interpreter enabled in Freetype (I gather that it's now enabled in Slackware)?

-- Do the SlackBuild repositories hosted on Salix’s servers contain the relevant information for slapt-src/Sourcery to automatically resolve any dependencies?

Regards,

John
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Re: Two questions

Post by mimosa »

I can't answer the first question, but regarding slapt-src-Sourcery, while there is no automatic dependency resolution, Sourcery will give you information about dependencies. I don't know whether it now gets this from the Salix repo or whether it looks at slackbuilds.org. In any case, the information isn't always complete, but it's a starting point. As far as I can see, the new Slackbuild repo hosted by Salix hasn't changed the user experience in this respect.
Langendoen

Post by Langendoen »

Thanks for the response, I think I must have been expecting Salix to come complete with something like emerge!
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Langendoen wrote:-- Is the bytecode interpreter enabled in Freetype (I gather that it's now enabled in Slackware)?
If it's in slackware, it's in salix too.
Langendoen

Post by Langendoen »

Thanks for the clarification -- I ask because it's not unknown for distributions to disable it on 'aesthetic' grounds. I'd rather enable it and disable auto-hinting, on 'avoiding eye-strain' grounds ;)