The RSSOwl program

Other talk about Salix
GRITAR

The RSSOwl program

Post by GRITAR »

Recently, i installed the RSSOwl program on my laptop. I installed it through Sourcery. The small tip for that is to un-select the "Resolve Dependencies" box in the Dependencies tab of the Preference menu option.

According to the information given from Sourcery, RSSOwl is an eclipse based RSS reader for everyone. It lets you gather, organize, update, and store information from any compliant source in a convenient, easy to use interface, save selected information in various formats for offline viewing and sharing, and much more. RSSOwl is open source, licensed under the terms of the Eclipse Public License.

Personally i love such kind of programs that gives you the opportunity of a more spherical information in such an organized and quick way and the most important, you have the possibility to choose your sources by your own. Up to now i was using Liferea (i'm still using it), but from the moment i used RSSOwl, i think that i found what i was really needed. I think that a great work has been done by the creator(s) and that it deserves a try from all of us. What i liked most is the lightness and it's great mount of possibilities. It is easy to use and if you choose the option of the pre-installed rss feeds, you will be infront of a vast selection of them, that cover all the needs and likes. Of course you can add your own feeds, very easily or remove those you dislike, as well.

As a summary , i think it is a very good program and it could be a default Salix's program in the future.