"Hello Firefox"

Other talk about Salix
rokytnji

"Hello Firefox"

Post by rokytnji »

Howdy,

My nieces like to video chat with me using Hello Firefox.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... ons-online

I am on

Code: Select all

$ inxi -S
System:    Host: biker.net Kernel: 3.10.17-smp i686 (32 bit)
           Desktop: Fluxbox 1.3.5 Distro: Salix 14.1 32bit
running on the Salix ESR Update Channel

Code: Select all

$ firefox --version

(process:6473): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion `sys_page_size == 0' failed
Mozilla Firefox 31.5.2
I was just wondering if this new function in Firefox will be included in Salix ESR next update? I have other netbooks I can use to communicate with. So no big deal.
Just wondering? In case members here were not aware of this new function in the newer Firefoxes.

Off topic. I cannot get this working in Iceweasel 36 in my AntiX installs either. Funny part is.
It is working and enabled in my Carolina_Vangaurd Puppy Linux Netbook on Firefox nightly builds.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: "Hello Firefox"

Post by gapan »

This seems to be a feature of firefox 34 and newer. Current esr releases are based on version 31, so it's highly unlikely this feature will be included in them. Next esr will be 38 and this will most probably include this feature, but the switch to 38esr is scheduled to be made around August 2015.

If you really want to, it's not that hard to make your own firefox packages, of the latest version. All you really need is this: https://gist.github.com/ruario/9672798

You'll have to add mozilla-firefox to the EXLUDE list in /etc/slapt-getrc so your own package will not be "upgraded" to the one from the repos and you will have to update the package manually from then on whenever a new version comes out, but that's it.
rokytnji

Post by rokytnji »

Thank you Gapan. :)
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

mozilla-firefox-36.0.4 packages i686 x86_64
locales for noesr mozilla-firefox-36.0.4 packages i686 x86_64
rokytnji