Not a huge deal. It's only just a string. Claws-mail probably needs to be built with
the unfavorable string was so in Claws Mail 3.9.2, but is now given better in version 3.11.1.
The header is now X-Mailer: Claws Mail 3.11.1 (GTK+ 2.24.20; x86_64-slackware-linux-gnu)
Months ago Claws in the older version no longer wanted to work together with the email provider GMX.net. At that time I used the latest source code and a customized file claws-mail.info
for a build. The named build switch I did not use, so I guess that the file claws-mail.SlackBuild
was improved. The thus produced build solved the problem with GMX. A few days later, Claws has been updated on slackbuilds.org
. Perhaps the "configure" environment has difficulty detecting the actual runtime environment.
Maybe you could make the latest Claws Mail version 3.11.1 to the current version in Salix, because with this version some errors related to SSL / TLS, PGP and other were also fixed (already in version 3.11.0). There are other good improvements that I would not count as "new features".
In the coming days I will install glabels
version 3.2.1 and need to perform a build. A dry run has already been shown that also in this case Slackware is not recognized. I can not get LibreOffice version 18.104.22.168 to use business cards or labels.
Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I think the recognition of the runtime environment should be automatic.