Reader reviews for Salix OS on Distrowatch

Other talk about Salix
gaucho
Donor

Reader reviews for Salix OS on Distrowatch

Post by gaucho »

I recently became aware that Distrowatch has a feature that allows users to contribute a review of their Linux distro(s).

The page for Salix OS is below; it currently has 8 user reviews, with an average rating of 8.8 points:

http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resour ... stro=salix

The guidelines are simple; you do not have to create an account to submit a review, you are asked to state a few pros / cons as well as your overall impressions of the distro. The submissions are moderated by someone on the Distrowatch staff, so your review does not appear immediately. (I contributed something this morning but it hasn't been posted yet).

For anyone interested in writing something nice about Salix and spreading the word, here's your opportunity. :)
Registered Linux User # 442201

Dell Latitude E4300 laptop: Intel Core2 Duo P9400 CPU, 8 GB RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, Intel Wireless 7260
ChuangTzu
Donor

Re: Reader reviews for Salix OS on Distrowatch

Post by ChuangTzu »

Thanks for the info., I had no idea you could do this. Just posted a review, of course 10 star rating. ;)
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I had no idea either. Nice to see those reviews. :)
Papasot
Donor

Post by Papasot »

I've just read this, thank you for the info.
Needless to say, I contributed my (obviously, very positive) review there as well. Salix is a great distro, and sadly it's not widely known. Users happy with Salix should contribute their bit to make it more popular.
A pleasant detail in this forum: several people pick a picture of their pet as their avatar. Who am I to do otherwise? ;-)
ChuangTzu
Donor

Post by ChuangTzu »

gapan, has the team ever considered coming out with .iso's more frequently (twice per year for example) including the updates since the point release? This would help boost the submissions on distrowatch which could help increase the ranking, not that distrowatch rankings matter much, but they may help "sway" some users.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

ChuangTzu wrote:gapan, has the team ever considered coming out with .iso's more frequently (twice per year for example) including the updates since the point release? This would help boost the submissions on distrowatch which could help increase the ranking, not that distrowatch rankings matter much, but they may help "sway" some users.
Not really. Isos are produced as "needed". That said, I've been meaning to make a 14.2.1 release that fixed a few issues with the 14.2 release, I just haven't found the time to do it yet (and I'm still uncertain about the NetworkManager disconnecting problem).