MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan

Talk about other linux distributions, or even other OSes.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Re: MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan

Post by thenktor »

Shador wrote:
thenktor wrote:e.g. I cannot say to my friends: use some jabber client to communicate with me when all of them already are using (the much easier to use) Whatsapp
That's true. But it's actually worse than SMS because the whole protocol behind is completely proprietary and monopolized.
That's right. But that's the way how to create a chat app: no username and buddy list crap, just use the phone number and you instantly have all your contacts in your Whatsapp list.
Shador wrote:
thenktor wrote:That's true, but IMHO at the moment the only really usable mobile system, if you don't want to bother with bad Meego support by Nokia
Hey, there's windows phone. ;)
What's this? :twisted: :mrgreen:
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
globetrotterdk

Re: MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan

Post by globetrotterdk »

I have some problems with my ISP, which makes downloads difficult, for some reason. I managed to download the MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan Platform SDK, to an old laptop, with the new Salix OS Mate installed, only to discover that I need a huge / directory to get the SDK installed. When I get that sorted, any advice on trying to compile re-Alpine for the N9? I obviously need to RTFM, but as I have never tried cross-compiling before, I thought there might be some input on the issue.
Military justice is to justice what military music is to music. - Groucho Marx