How to remaster salix?

Talk about other linux distributions, or even other OSes.
portaro

How to remaster salix?

Post by portaro »

Hello friends, i search constantly in web how to remaster slackware, my intention is try to remaster a slackware based distro, but i am used remastering Ubuntus and Debians, with gui tool remastersys, its very easy for me do this work with this tool, manually i edit the default configs and then use the gui tool to generate the ISO.

There are some tool on SAlix to do an remaster of slack (not a backup is a distro to other people can use).
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Re: How to remaster salix?

Post by mimosa »

I think LiveClone (in the Live CD version of Salix) may be what you're looking for.

Having said that, Salix Live 14.0 is not yet available so it might be worth waiting for a while. But 13.37 continues to be fully supported.

Please check the user guide for more information.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

The salix standard editions can simply be "remastered" by editing the iso with a suitable tool (like isomaster) and adding/removing packages into/from the core/basic/full directories.
Tim CowChip

Post by Tim CowChip »

It sounds like you want to remaster Slackware not Salix and wondered if there was a tool like remastersys that might have been used to make the Salix distribution from a Slackware install, the same way that remastersys was used to make the Saline distribution from a debian install.
The answer would be no, Salix was built by a team of developers from a Slackware install, not by a tool like remastersys. You might try remastering Arch linux https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Re ... nstall_ISO
Last edited by Tim CowChip on 19. Mar 2013, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
portaro

Post by portaro »

Tim CowChip wrote:It sounds like you want to remaster Slackware not Salix and wondered if there was a tool like remastersys that might have been used to make the Salix distribution from a Slackware install, the same way that remastersys was used to make the Saline distribution from a debian install.
The answer would be no, Salix was built by a team of developers from a Slackware install, not by a tool like remastersys. You try remastering Arch linux https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Re ... nstall_ISO
Hello Tim, in efect my intention is create a custom remastered version of Salix, change some tools, put portuguese idiom by default & change the logon background, put some scripts and offer a custom distro, my intention is not create a kernel distro like LFS or other projects because i dont have many skills on this.

I know the steps to create an custom ISO by editing manually all customs but i need some tool for create a proper ISO with /etc/skel definitons.

My problem is - that type of tool dont exist.
gapan wrote:The salix standard editions can simply be "remastered" by editing the iso with a suitable tool (like isomaster) and adding/removing packages into/from the core/basic/full directories.
I dont know isomaster but i search some info about if i see it can possible work i try to make a remastered version. THanks.