Paul Frields is leaving Fedora

Talk about other linux distributions, or even other OSes.
Prime

Paul Frields is leaving Fedora

Post by Prime »

This could be either a really good thing or a sign of things to come. Let me explain, I helped with the kernel testing on Fedora 12 so I got to see some of the unrest that was going on a Fedora and why I quit using it and started distro hopping again. I use Archlinux on my laptop and as of yesterday Salix on my desktop. The unrest turned to out right revolt over the developers lack of foresight on the development and implementation of the python 3 stack as an example, it has been out since 2008. Fedora is in a strange place right now they are trying to maintain the "independence" from Red Hat but with both users, admins, and forum moderators starting to call Fedora Redora I am not real sure what will become of it. One thing is for sure I will not have anything to do with it anymore!

I know this really has nothing to do with Slackware or Salix but I though ya'll might like to know.
"Computer Do Something!! Sure thing fella! Switching to manual controls, Good Luck!" The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Paul Frields is leaving Fedora

Post by gapan »

Hey, that's what this section is about anyway! Ranting about other distributions and saying how awesome we are. :mrgreen:
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Re: Paul Frields is leaving Fedora

Post by thenktor »

gapan wrote:Hey, that's what this section is about anyway! Ranting about other distributions and saying how awesome we are. :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: :twisted: :lol:
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)