Another small distro is nearing the end

Talk about other linux distributions, or even other OSes.
ChuangTzu
Donor

Another small distro is nearing the end

Post by ChuangTzu »

I like to keep an eye on other distros to see how they are doing and what they are up to. It appears that Archbang (openbox + Arch + installer) is nearing the end of its 5 year run. http://bbs.archbang.org/viewtopic.php?id=5510

The lead developer Mr. Green is working closely with Carl Duff, lead developer of Architect Linux (a CLI installer for Arch) to possibly pass the distro off to him and/or merge the two together. http://architectlinux.boardhost.com/vie ... php?id=331

Part of my interest in posting this here, is to remind everyone the importance of supporting small distros and remaining active in the forums etc...Over the years many distros have come and gone, and I would like to see Salix thrive and last a long time.
Ken Buck

Re: Another small distro is nearing the end

Post by Ken Buck »

I realize that I am replying to an old post but I agree with you. I came from using a small distro very similar to Salix called VectorLinux. It does not appear to be doing very well these days. I was patiently waiting for their next release for a long time. I have been a Linux user since 2004 and used VectorLinux for most of those years.
Fortunately I found Salix which I like very much.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Welcome to Salix! i remember giving Vector a try in my distro-hopping days.

The community here is very friendly and helpful, and full of knowledgeable but unassuming people.
Ken Buck

Post by Ken Buck »

Thanks. Vector has been my main OS through the years. I tried a whole lot of other distros but prefer Slackware based. So far I am enjoying Salix on both of my machines. Salix comes with almost everything I need and stable too.Just did a Slack
build with Google Chrome so I can watch Netflix. So now I have everything. :D
Ken Buck

Post by Ken Buck »

Forgot to mention in the above post that I will be coming back here as time permits and will be glad to help out if I can. Salix is now my new main operating system. So far I have not found a single bug with it. Great job developers!