Zenwalk 6.2

Talk about other linux distributions, or even other OSes.
damNageHack

Re: Zenwalk 6.2

Post by damNageHack »

:lol: *dush*
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

.:B:. wrote:
thenktor wrote:Did they finally get the broken German logout message fixed? :mrgreen:
Tss... Those Germans should learn English like everyone else!
Germans are not the best english speakers, but at least 50 % of Europeans are even worse :twisted:
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

thenktor wrote:Germans are not the best english speakers, but at least 50 % of Europeans are even worse :twisted:
Do you mean the English men?
Englishman
noun
Quotations
"There is in the Englishman a combination of qualities, a modesty, an independence, a responsibility, a repose, combined with an absence of everything calculated to call a blush into the cheek of a young person, which one would seek in vain among the Nations of the Earth" [Charles Dickens Our Mutual Friend]
"An Englishman, even if he is alone, forms an orderly queue of one" [George Mikes How to be An Alien]
Proverbs
"An Englishman's home is his castle"
See also http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/dirty-e ... n-logo-tee

Also good :lol:
Women's vs. Men's English: http://info.med.yale.edu/genetics/ward/ ... glish.html
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

Damnagehack,
Erm, really... who cares? :roll:
Reminder: there is a place for such post => http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=12
And even then, it shouldn't be overdone.
Done correctly, smalltalk can be nice & does have its place.
Too much of it at every opportunity however quickly tires. Did you forget?
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

Smalltalk / Offtopic began at 6. Jun 2010, 16:16. I have nothing more to say to that.
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

damNageHack wrote:Smalltalk / Offtopic began at 6. Jun 2010, 16:16. I have nothing more to say to that.
Since a hint is not enough I'll spell it out clearly: small talk may have started at 6. Jun 2010, 16:16 but it really got too much at 7. Jun 2010, 12:55.

Again, done correctly, smalltalk can be nice & does have its place.
Too much of it at every opportunity however quickly tires.

Since you & I already have had that conversation privately a few too many times, I also have nothing more to say, next time I'll act.
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

damNageHack wrote:
.:B:. wrote:
thenktor wrote:Did they finally get the broken German logout message fixed? :mrgreen:
Tss... Those Germans should learn English like everyone else!
Racist? Please keep being nice. A really bad joke.
Well, I really don't know and I hope that it IS not... still I'm more disagreeing with your comment than agreeing (sorry for me English lol)

On the other hand: I'm completely agreeing with you, damNageHack, and disagreeing with .:B:. because:

1) Well, it is no secret that NOT all the human computer users know English and this is the first reason why projects like :Linux, FreeBSD, GNU, X11 (etc. etc.) should and even must support "other (non-English) languages".
2) Second reason is: we are much much stronger than Corporations like Microsoft, Apple etc. and we indeed can provide a much better quality of supporting non-English languages on Linux.

...and I'm going to translate some Salix stuff to Hebrew although I believe that not too many Hebrew speaker will use Salix and those that will use probably know English good enough when it comes to using GNU/Linux stuff :)
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
caitlyn

Post by caitlyn »

zAchAry wrote:...and I'm going to translate some Salix stuff to Hebrew
Mazel tov! Great news.
zAchAry wrote: although I believe that not too many Hebrew speaker will use Salix
I learned Hebrew as a child but having lived in the States my skills have declined to pretty much pitiful. I still hope to make aliya in the not too terribly distant future after meeting some obligations here. Having Hebrew well supported is something that will definitely benefit me.

Oh, and yes, I've done a couple of Hebrew -> English translations for the Linux community but I sure wouldn't want to try English -> Hebrew. I also have real doubts every time I do something like that.

Anyway, when you start work please start a thread in the translations section of the forum so that those of us who are interested can follow your progress.