more about package tools?

witek

more about package tools?

Post by witek »

I`ve noticed that installpkg and upgradepkg work different than in slackware. I would like to know more about their differences. Could anybody tell something?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: more about package tools?

Post by gapan »

installpkg and upgradepkg in salix are wrappers for spkg. You can see for yourself if you open them with a text editor. The original slackware installpkg and upgradepkg are names slack-installpkg and slack-upgradepkg respectively, if you need them.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

They should work like the original tools. What is different for you? Our pkgtools are much faster than the original ones ;) 8-) :mrgreen: :geek:
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
witek

Post by witek »

thenktor wrote:They should work like the original tools. What is different for you? Our pkgtools are much faster than the original ones ;) 8-) :mrgreen: :geek:
Indeed I noticed they are much faster and I was wondering if they actually work as the impression was that operation that takes several seconds and a few lines of output in Slackware in Salix took one second without much noise :)

The difference if for example when I`m installing a package that was already installed Salix complains, but that`s not a problem.
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

witek wrote:The difference if for example when I`m installing a package that was already installed Salix complains, but that`s not a problem.
I also noticed this difference. But for this special particular time, you could force it or use slack-installpkg ;-)
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

witek wrote:The difference if for example when I`m installing a package that was already installed Salix complains, but that`s not a problem.
That's not a bug, that's a feature ;)
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)