How To: Show thumbnails of your videos in Caja file manager

icaroperseo
Donor

How To: Show thumbnails of your videos in Caja file manager

Post by icaroperseo »

1.- Install ffmpegthumbnailer.
2. Create the mate-ffmpegthumbnailer.thumbnailer file within the /usr/share/thumbnailers/ directory, paste the following and save the file:

Code: Select all

[Thumbnailer Entry] 
TryExec=ffmpegthumbnailer 
Exec=ffmpegthumbnailer -i %i -o %o -s %s -f 
MimeType=video/jpeg;video/mp4;video/mpeg;video/quicktime;video/x-ms-asf;video/x-ms-wm;video/x-ms-wmv;video/x-msvideo;video/x-flv;video/x-matroska;video/mp2t;video/3gpp;video/webm;video/x-ogm+ogg;
3.- Enjoy!

Source: https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread. ... %B2-(MATE) (Russian language).

gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: How To: Show thumbnails of your videos in Caja file mana

Post by gapan »

Nice! I'm sure you don't mind if I take that and put it in the next ffmpegthumbnailer package. :)

Although I think it works out of the box, if you have totem installed (and also the respective codecs). Totem provides a totem.thumbnailer file that does the same thing. And so does whaawmp. I have both totem and whaawmp installed and one of them is providing thumbnails for caja, not sure which one right now...
icaroperseo
Donor

Re: How To: Show thumbnails of your videos in Caja file mana

Post by icaroperseo »

gapan wrote:Nice! I'm sure you don't mind if I take that and put it in the next ffmpegthumbnailer package. :)
Of course not! ;)
gapan wrote: Although I think it works out of the box, if you have totem installed (and also the respective codecs). Totem provides a totem.thumbnailer file that does the same thing. And so does whaawmp. I have both totem and whaawmp installed and one of them is providing thumbnails for caja, not sure which one right now...
Most likely, you are right! I use VLC exclusively and because it, my system lacked this feature. :)