[Solved] What is the Root Password for the 13.1 XFCE LiveCD?

Sidewinder289

[Solved] What is the Root Password for the 13.1 XFCE LiveCD?

Post by Sidewinder289 »

Hey guys, this is my first time running Salix and also my first time on the forums. I didn't think I'd be posting a thread on here this early lol. But anyways, I'm currently running the LiveCD and I wanted to take a look at the GSlapt Package Manager.

However, it prompts me for the root password, and unlike other LiveCDs I've tried, this root account actually has a password. I tried some of the more common passwords that are used in these situations, such as "linux", "root", etc. and I also tried leaving it blank.

Unfortunately, none of these have worked. I'm sure one of you guys know the root password for the Salix 13.1 XFCE LiveCD, so if you do, please inform me of it!

Thank you everyone, and I look forward to talking with you guys again soon!

-Steven Jr.
Last edited by Sidewinder289 on 10. Nov 2010, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
Sidewinder289

Re: What is the Root Password for the 13.1 XFCE LiveCD?

Post by Sidewinder289 »

While I was looking around the Salix desktop, I stumbled across the Salix Startup Guide. As expected, it had exactly what I needed. So for anyone that is ever asking themselves, "What is the root password for Salix LiveCD" or "What is the default user login", here are the answers:

Salix LiveCD
  • Standard Login
  • Username: one
  • Password: Leave it blank, there is no password
  • Root Login
  • Username: root ( su - )
  • Password: live
I figured that I would respond to my own thread to help out anyone else that may overlook this simple User Guide provided on the LiveCD. Hopefully someone gets some use out of this post lol.

-Steven Jr.
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Re: [Solved] What is the Root Password for the 13.1 XFCE Liv

Post by Akuna »

Hi & welcome to Salix :)
Good you found it...
It is also posted in the download page http://www.salixos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Download
It is also in the wiki FAQ section as well as in some older forum posts.
But it doesn't hurt to have a new reminder, somehow this info never seems to be visible enough.
Thanks for posting it again.
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
Shador

Re: [Solved] What is the Root Password for the 13.1 XFCE Liv

Post by Shador »

Maybe we can put it onto the default wallpaper for new releases? I think I've seen this approach with some other Live CDs.
In that case we should provide a "clean" wallpaper without password alongside, too.