Salix LXDE Live 13.1.2RC1

gapan
Salix Wizard

Salix LXDE Live 13.1.2RC1

Post by gapan »

Here is an RC1 development release for Salix LXDE Live 13.1.2. As the version numbering suggests, this should be very close to a final release, so don't expect much trouble with it, it should work without any problems. Please help us test this before releasing it as final, along with a new batch of standard installation CDs for Salix LXDE 13.1.2, and help us catch any last minute problems. Here's a brief list of changes since the last Salix LXDE Live 13.1.1:

* Persistence now works properly in all setups with the live CD
* slapt-src is now part of the standard installation. slapt-src is a tool that makes the process of downloading and building software packages from slackbuilds.org from source simple and easy. Thousands of extra packages are now available through it for our users.
* lxrandr and obconf have been added
* Midori and webkit have been updated to fix security issues.
* glibc has been upgraded, fixing multiple security issues
* All system administration tools have been updated
* several other smaller fixes and updates.

Here is the link to the iso:
ftp://ftp.lupinix.org/linux/salix/13.1/ ... .2-RC1.iso
size is 530 MB and the md5 checksum is:
ftp://ftp.lupinix.org/linux/salix/13.1/ ... C1.iso.md5

We appreciate any test reports. Thank you. :)
seacat

Re: Salix LXDE Live 13.1.2RC1

Post by seacat »

I tried to download the RC1, but it returned an error. So, when I retried writing ftp://ftp.lupinix.org/linux/salix on the Firefox address bar and following the path, I discovered Santa Claus left us a gift... I'm downloading the 13.1.2 version and in other moment I'll write my comments. Jo, jo, jo ;)