How to install perstistent Salix LXDE?

M_Mynaardt

How to install perstistent Salix LXDE?

Post by M_Mynaardt »

Hi, all!

I thought I'd check out Salix LXDE and Xfce. But what I want to to is make a live/persistent install one of them on a USB drive. Ideally, I would like to install it on a 320 GB portable USB-HDD I have. I have already partitioned it: 80 GB for an OS and the other 240 GB for data back up. So it would be a double duty USB-HDD; a portable OS and data storage too.

If anyone could tell me how to go about this, it would be appreciated. I have downloaded the ISO files. I'd like to know if you can use a Live CD made from that in order to create a persistent USB install instead of installing on a computer's hard drive. Or do you need any extra steps as well to make that happen?

Thanks in advance!
~*~ M_Mynaardt ~*~
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: How to install perstistent Salix LXDE?

Post by gapan »

Yes, you can. There is a persistence tool right there on the desktop.
M_Mynaardt

Re: How to install perstistent Salix LXDE?

Post by M_Mynaardt »

gapan wrote:Yes, you can. There is a persistence tool right there on the desktop.
Now, does that make a stand alone persistence installation? I didn't get a chance to give it a go, but it looked to me like it would make a USB installation that also required the live CD. I was wanting to try to make a stand-alone persistent install on a flash drive or a USB-HDD.

Thanks again...
~*~ M_Mynaardt ~*~