missing opt in liveclone

kudos

missing opt in liveclone

Post by kudos »

I installed a bunch ( one .tgx + forty-seven .txz ) of packages using spkg. All seemed to be working. I was using salixlive via a frugal install.

These included libreoffice RC2 tgz.

I then used liveclone to create an iso with grub selected. This seemed successful. I copied the new base ( which contained only 01_clone.lzm ) folder to my pen drive after removing the original base then rebooted.

Rebooted nicely and all programs seemed to be working nicely, except libreoffice. There was a menu item, but clicking yielded nothing. Upon running in a console, It could not find /opt...

Further inspection showed that there was NO /opt directory !

At this point I reinstalled libreoffice and created a separate lzm for opt. Put this lzm into base as well and rebooted.

This time opt was present and lobreoffice worked nicely.

I would like to hear any ideas as to why opt was not created by liveclone initially ?

Thanks in advance.
sqlpython
Donor

Re: missing opt in liveclone

Post by sqlpython »

Strange....... I am accustom to seeing an /opt dir myself..
I checked my install in which I replaced Salix 13.0 Xfce. This was done in a Clean formatted partition.
The install with which I replaced Salix 13.0 Xfce was Salix 13.1 KDE Live which installed on the live desktop very nicely.. Great Desktop install app BTW..
Here is my present dir situation... You will note that I installed Adobe Reader which may have created the /opt Dir.
But then I also have a kde3 dir which houses arts and I do not remember installing anything that could have created an KDE3/arts dir.....UNLESS.. my install of Audacity did it..

I will boot the KDE LiveCD once again and check to see if it has an /opt dir

sqlpython@darkstar:/$ ls
bin/ dev/ home/ lost+found/ mnt/ proc/ sbin/ sys/ usr/
boot/ etc/ lib/ media/ opt/ root/ srv/ tmp/ var/

sqlpython@darkstar:~$ cd /opt
sqlpython@darkstar:/opt$ ls
Adobe/ kde3/
sqlpython@darkstar:/opt$
Slackware ( Manjaro ) Salix, AntiX, Bunsen, Calculate
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

Thanks for reporting this. It will be fixed in next LiveClone. :)
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
kudos

Post by kudos »

Akuna, Thanks for your consideration. I have posted another anomaly I found just now.

sqlpython, Thanks for reminding me about Adobe Reader, I have added this to my list of packages. For me also it wound up in /opt alongside libreoffice. Yes I also looked at the KDE version myself. SalixLive is really shaping up beautifully. Thanks for your help.