Custome Live CD - Error booting

ddpicard

Custome Live CD - Error booting

Post by ddpicard »

I used Salix KDE Live 13.37 to boot and install what I wanted. I then used LiveClone to create the iso. Now when I boot I get the options for Language and then Salix. It starts booting and then I get the error " Could not find 'init' in the union filesystem: Could not chroot". Did something go wrong during the build process of the ISO that can be fixed manually or do I need to just start over and do another build?

I rebooted a couple of times and it always fails where it is searching for the save file.

Thanks,
dave
JRD
Salix Warrior

Re: Custome Live CD - Error booting

Post by JRD »

"Could not find 'init' in the union filesystem: Could not chroot"
Seems a big problem to me. Probably the squash module made by liveclone didn't work good. I didn't make LiveClone, so hard to help you. I hope that Akuna will come to help. If not, I will tell him to come here.
ddpicard

Post by ddpicard »

Thanks JRD. I am home now and I am going to do another build to see how it goes. I will keep the first one so I can try anything that is suggested.

Thanks,
dave
ddpicard

Post by ddpicard »

I went ahead and did the remaster again. Everything worked this time. Guess it was one of those things. Thanks again JRD.

Dave
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

Glad to hear it works this time :)
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

JRD wrote:Glad to hear it works this time :)

Me too ;)
Is it possible that the first process didn't complete properly? I have to improve the progress bar. Sometimes it looks blocked and it is very tempting to end the process prematurely.
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
ddpicard

Post by ddpicard »

Akuna, I had walked away from it for a while and when I got back it was completed. I did a couple more last night with no issues. The first one must have just been a hiccup. I had used it in a previous version also and it worked with no problems. It's by far the easiest way to customize a portable linux version. Thanks for the great work.

Dave