Salix Live User's guide

Akuna
Salix Wizard

Re: Salix Live User's guide

Post by Akuna »

Seacat, just poping by to say that I belatedly changed the subtitle to Startup guide from users guide but obviously failed to carry that change everywhere, thanks for catching this.

And nda, thanks for bringing up the needed correction from your proofreading to JRD's attention so that he can fix them.

It is so helpful to have many eyes like this. Thank you :)
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
seacat

Post by seacat »

In page 11, after "Gimp" and before "Ristretto", is located "Iso Master".

Well, I'm running the applications to get a screenshot in Spanish for each. It's late I know it, therefore may be I'm asleep, but I can't find "Iso Master" in the menu. :?

I think that "Salix Live Guide" in CD needs an update to last version, because appears Xfburn as CD burner software when really Brasero is installed.

Also, I saw in Multimedia menu the command "Install multimedia codecs". Entry and windows are in English. I understand that these are Salix's features. Then, I can translate them if you give me the files (or tell me where are them).
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

seacat wrote:Also, I saw in Multimedia menu the command "Install multimedia codecs". Entry and windows are in English. I understand that these are Salix's features. Then, I can translate them if you give me the files (or tell me where are them).
It's the *.desktop files there: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/salix/ ... ller/trunk

You can also look in the locale directory there and find a .pot file for translating the salix-codecs-installer interface.
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

seacat wrote:In page 11, after "Gimp" and before "Ristretto", is located "Iso Master".

Well, I'm running the applications to get a screenshot in Spanish for each. It's late I know it, therefore may be I'm asleep, but I can't find "Iso Master" in the menu. :?

I think that "Salix Live Guide" in CD needs an update to last version, because appears Xfburn as CD burner software when really Brasero is installed.
Xfburn has been replaced by Brasero, right. So this is an error in the guide.
About Isomaster, it's present in the RC3 release. I suppose you have the RC2 where Isomaster was not yes included.
seacat

Post by seacat »

JRD,

My version is SalixLive 13.0 20100314. World changes quickly... :oops:
Then, I must download the last release.

seacat
nda

Post by nda »

Hi,

First, apologies for the delay but I've been having big problems with my internet connection.

I've done the proof-reading and it is a six-page .odt document, which sounds bad, but they are mostly very minor corrections.

I can't see anywhere here that enables me to attach it to a forum post so could you email me with an address I could send it to.

Nda
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

sure : jrd ~ AT ~ enialis ~ DOT ~ net

Last edited by gapan on 21. Mar 2010, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: trying to hide email address from spam bots