Live usb installer (instonusb)

djemos
Salix Warrior

Live usb installer (instonusb)

Post by djemos »

instonusb is a gui tool written in c to install Slackel, Salix 32 and 64 bit live iso's to usb stick.
binaries and source package for slackel can be found on slackel repos or can download it from here
There is no need for building the packages for salix. I tested in salixlive64-xfce-14.2.1 and the 64 bit package run fine. I suppose same will be for 32bit package.
translations are here in transifex having a few strings to translate
It was tested with slackellive-openbox-7.1 and salixlive64-xfce-14.2.1
screenshots
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Re: Live usb installer (instonusb)

Post by mimosa »

This looks like a really useful tool! Thanks djemos.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

mimosa wrote: 8. Mar 2019, 09:37 This looks like a really useful tool! Thanks djemos.
Yes mimosa it is really useful first for me. The good thing is that i tried to make it work for both slackel and salix live isos 64 and 32 bit editions. Which has be done and has been tested as i mention above with a 32 bit slackellive iso and a 64bit salixlive iso.
I tried to make it work for all distributions iso but in this case it will be complicated because distro's use different approaches in live isos.
So i tried to make a tool specific for slackel, salix live isos and to develop in the future (maybe) another generic tool for all other distro's.

There is no need for building the packages for salix. I tested in salixlive64-xfce-14.2.1 and the 64 bit package run fine. I suppose same will be for 32bit package.
ibka

Post by ibka »

Hi djemos
I have updated the Swedish translation.

Regards Ingemar
Kingpin

Post by Kingpin »

Will do Polish translation if you accept the request, since there isn't that language there right now.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

I was too busy latest. I added polish language. Just to know i will update instonusb.pot file because i added some more futures as persistent file creation.
Kingpin

Post by Kingpin »

djemos wrote: 11. Mar 2019, 08:41 I was too busy latest. I added polish language. Just to know i will update instonusb.pot file because i added some more futures as persistent file creation.
Okay. Whatever was there until now is done 8-)
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

live-usb-installer has been updated. After installing to usb can create a persistent file. Some strings need translation.
source code and binary packages
screenshots
Kingpin

Post by Kingpin »

finished
by the way I think you've got a mistake in one of the english translation strings - it says "persistent" twice so I didn't translate that
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

live-usb-installer has been updated. Added persistent file encryption.
source code and binary packages
screenshots