problem installing from live cd 13.0

Akuna
Salix Wizard

Re: problem installing from live cd 13.0

Post by Akuna »

Thanks for reporting this, I'll look into it. ;)

I suppose /dev/sda9 is where you installed Salix?
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Yes! I'm writing to you from Salix. Playing about with themes - the standard theme feels a bit Vista-ish.
pathe3

Post by pathe3 »

I'm a new user of this distro. I have to say it's nice, small, fast and it works great!! I did play around with the live and installation versions over the past few weeks and decided to stick with the LiveCD because of the graphical installer. I've been chainload booting using Grub4Dos on the USB's boot partition to a dedicated partition with syslinux on the partition boot sector with the extracted LiveCD files on that partition. Everything works out of the box including wireless on a MSI Wind Netbook (model U100).

Recently, I decided to install it to my NetBook's hard drive using the LiveCD, especially since this is one of the few distros where wireless works on my NetBook. I ran into only one issue which I'm not sure was mentioned yet on this forum or not. Anyway, I realize that the partitions must be created in advance and did create two of them, for root and home. However, the installer wouldn't let me assign the other partition as home even though it appeared on the list. I ended up installing everything to a single partition. It's working, but it would be nice to have two separate partitions in the future. If this is an issue that you are aware of and working on it, great! If not, I just wanted to let you know about it.
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

Hi pathe3,

Yes, this should be fixed in SVN version. I might ask you to test it out sooon if you don't mind.

Tx :)
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
pathe3

Post by pathe3 »

Sure, happy to help out. Just send let me know by email.