A Control Panel

If you have any suggestions or ideas about improving Salix, here's the place to post them.
sqlpython
Donor

Re: A Control Panel

Post by sqlpython »

Not sure... are they not both the same?
No, they are different in more ways then they are the same.
My developed Kontrol Center was entirely a Tabbed 10 Paged interface with over 60 program selections...
..While the KDE Center was a Treed or the Newer a Two Page Tab.. with about 30 selections.
Slackware ( Manjaro ) Salix, AntiX, Bunsen, Calculate
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

Some quick news: No the project is not abandoned, but I am completely rewriting it with a different (read proper) configuration file system as well as a few other hidden but necessary modifications under the hood.

This will take a bit more time. ;)
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
pevsner

Post by pevsner »

Good news Akuna.
I use the your latest version all the time. (slims down favorites menu entries and saves many password entries).
It works great.
Two things I noticed ( which don't bother me).
On scale window it seems to scale from the center rather than pull to corner being dragged, although I am using E17, so it might be a E17 bug ( however I haven't experienced it with other gtk programs).
The dangling mouse icon (cool btw) gets a tad fuzzy at smaller scale, maybe svg is the way to go, or a simplified smaller version.
My English "swiss army knife" is a "wing and a prayer" btw, seems to work well but the seat of my pants are a little scorched.