Great distribution !

If you have any suggestions or ideas about improving Salix, here's the place to post them.
Outlaw

Re: Great distribution !

Post by Outlaw »

Akuna wrote:
thenktor wrote:Debian (Ubuntu), RedHat (Fedora), SuSE (OpenSuSE)
To me Slackware is definitely the third one (not SuSE), just see how many other distributions are based on it. ;) In fact chronologically Slackware is really the 1st one....
That's what I had in mind .. Suse is nice but is not comparable to Redhat, Debian and Slackware .. these are, considering ex. geographical extension, historical aspects and child distributions, the real big three :P

With Distributions like Salix OS I guess Slackware will become much more popular for desktop / workstation purposes...

So long

Outlaw
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Post by laprjns »

No thread like this can go on without the obligatory Linux Distribution Time Line Map"
http://www.markus-gattol.name/misc/mm/s ... meline.png
Which by the way needs to be updated to include Salix!
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
Outlaw

Post by Outlaw »

q.e.d. :D
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

Dani745

Post by Dani745 »

Salix is indeed a great distro! :mrgreen:
Chokapic

Post by Chokapic »

:D Congratulations to the team Salix OS, I tested a lot of other distros and finally I stay with Salix. Very fast, stable, secure and adaptable. I love it! Thank you very much able to adapt both the oldest of linux distros namely Slackware.
Long life to this project. :lol:
Le plus grand pouvoir dans le monde est le nombre de personnes qui pensent et agissent de concert au même moment il est temps de s'en servir pour rétablir les valeurs fondamentales de l'Humanité Une.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hi. I'm newcomer from Zenwalk, changed my distro to Salix after Zenwalk crashed because I updated packages from "snapshot" repository :roll:
I could re-install Zenwalk, but I wanted to try something new. Zenwalk was my first distro (I'm scared of trying clean Slackware so far, but I want to use something from "Slackware family", and chosen Salix). And I want to say, Salix looks great for me (yes, I'm using it for a very short period of time, but it looks so pure and nice, that I love it; and, additionaly, Sourcery won my heart :) ).
So, I want to thank you for your distro :) I hope it will not dissapoint me.

P.S. Sorry for my English, I don't know it well :)
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

Dani745, Chokapic, Alex,

Thanks for the kind words and (belated) welcome to Salix. Nice to hear it suits you. :)
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
hugok

Post by hugok »

This is the only distro that i never have to put my finger in the power button for five seconds... :D You no what i mean ;)
Hugo Carvalho
Portuguese translator

https://github.com/hugok79