More xfce4 panel plugins

If you have any suggestions or ideas about improving Salix, here's the place to post them.
Atip

More xfce4 panel plugins

Post by Atip »

I would like to see a few more xfce4 panel plugins in particular xfce4-mount-plugin and
xfce4-keyboard-switcher.

Thanks!
fdeak

Re: More xfce4 panel plugins

Post by fdeak »

If you would like to use xfce4-keyboard-switcher for switching between keyboard layouts, than use the xfce4-xkb-plugin which is in the Salix repo.

Until the Salix team decides whether salix needs the xfce4-mount-plugin as a binary package you can install it with sourcery (Menu->System->Sourcery Slackbuild Manager).

fdeak
Atip

Post by Atip »

Thanks!

xfce4-xkb-plugin crashes. Anyhow I have made my own switcher.

First time I had a look at and use of sourcery. Seems a great program, unfortunately it reports
some errors when installing xfce4-mount-plugin. Will try it in Salix-xfce4-13.37 I have on a netbook.
I am running fluxbox with xfce4-panel on my desktop PC.
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

Atip wrote:it reports some errors when installing xfce4-mount-plugin.
Could you copy-paste the error message?
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
Atip

Post by Atip »

I run sourcery in HP-2133 netbook with Salix-xfce4-13.37 installed to install xfce4-mount-plugin.
Installation went smooth w/o any errors. So I believe the problem on my PC which runs on Fluxbox
is that xfce4 is not really fully installed. I will reports the errors later.

However, xfce4-xkb-plugin crashes as well in HP-2133.
fdeak

Post by fdeak »

Atip wrote: However, xfce4-xkb-plugin crashes as well in HP-2133.
You have to set the keyboard model first (set one of the Generic types if your keyboard is not listed), after setting the model
you can add more keyboard layouts. If you start with setting layouts it crashes.

fdeak

P.S.
I will try to find a patch for it, because as you (I think) I also started with setting the layout and not setting the model.
Atip

Post by Atip »

Here then is the error encountered when installing xfce4-mount-plugin with sourcery:

Code: Select all

/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.5.2/../../../../i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lxfce4panel-1.0
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [xfce4-mount-plugin] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/slapt-src/desktop/xfce4-mount-plugin/xfce4-mount-plugin-0.5.5/panel-plugin'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/slapt-src/desktop/xfce4-mount-plugin/xfce4-mount-plugin-0.5.5'
make: *** [all] Error 2
fakeroot -- sh xfce4-mount-plugin.SlackBuild Failed
There is no lxfce4panel-*, however, a libxfce4panel-*