Deluge

If you have any suggestions or ideas about improving Salix, here's the place to post them.
rx_wdz

Deluge

Post by rx_wdz »

I hate Transmission alot. Deluge is far more powerful and a much easier (and IMHO) faster the Transmission I have had alot of problems getting (deluge) to work after downloading it through slapt-get I think Deluge would be a better inclusion into the O.S. then Transmission just my two cents on user-friendliness.

-Rwdzieczny
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Re: Deluge

Post by Akuna »

rx_wdz wrote:I have had alot of problems getting (deluge) to work after downloading it through slapt-get
-Rwdzieczny
Which sort of problems?
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

rx_wdz wrote:Deluge would be a better inclusion into the O.S. then Transmission just my two cents on user-friendliness.
I agree that Transmission is not good for power users, but it's enough for most people's needs. Deluge has to many useless deps to be included in the iso.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
charles

Post by charles »

thenktor wrote:I agree that Transmission is not good for power users, but it's enough for most people's needs.
Transmission is intentionally not going to clone the look and feel of uTorrent or Deluge or KTorrent, but we do listen to feedback. If you've got specific suggestions on how Transmission could be more useful to power users, please suggest it in Transmission's ticket system.
thenktor wrote:Deluge has to many useless deps to be included in the iso.
We've kept Transmission's deps low because of feedback from distros. And when we do add extra deps (like libappindicator and libgconf, recently) we make sure to flag them as optional.

Charles
Transmission dev
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

Hi charles and welcome :)
I've always used Transmission (it was my first torrent client) and I think it's nice. But after joining to some torrent communities I have about 50 active torrents now. So I've switched to qBittorrent because it offers the possibility to use labels. So I can at least sort my torrents to different categories.

EDIT: And let me add something: I still like the torrent view of Transmission a lot more. You can see all important information of the torrent on first sight: DL/UL-Rate, Progress, Peers, already Up/downloaded MB.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

Ohh I see. I don't download enough in torrents to feel the use of categories, but that could be a good idea for some :)

For me I really like tranmission. It's a light app, nice gui and ncurses and web client are really great!
Maybe some minor things could be done better but nothing that important.
I never used Deluge. I used Azureus in the past that is also great....but heavy.
I think Transmission is the right default app for torrents.