Will bee new Salix with PulseAudio?

If you have any suggestions or ideas about improving Salix, here's the place to post them.
VAA

Will bee new Salix with PulseAudio?

Post by VAA »

I like Salix. But I need skype. It is not my chois, it is chois of opposit side.
Now it is not simple to install PulseAudio in salix. And there is a time before next Slackware version.
Is it in your plan Salix version with PulseAudio? Or have PulseAudio as package in official repo?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Will bee new Salix with PulseAudio?

Post by gapan »

Most probably not.

But you don't need pulseaudio to run Skype. You can find Skype packages in this forum, created by djemos, that work without pulseaudio. Search for them.
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

You can install PulseAudio from SlackBuilds.org using Sourcery, spi or slapt-src.
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
VAA

Post by VAA »

Sorry, but created by djemos package is not in repo and not so easy find in forum.
One more: it is not supported USB microfone inside of web camera. Supported is only separate microphone.
I have tryed install PulseAudio from SlackBuilds.org using Sourcery, but it was not succesful.
coroner
Donor

Post by coroner »

VAA wrote:Sorry, but created by djemos package is not in repo and not so easy find in forum.
One more: it is not supported USB microfone inside of web camera. Supported is only separate microphone.
I have tryed install PulseAudio from SlackBuilds.org using Sourcery, but it was not succesful.
Hi VAA. Today check pulseaudio install.

Code: Select all

sudo spi -u

sudo spi -i pulseaudio
Build package without any problems.

$ pulseaudio  --version
pulseaudio 5.0-rebootstrapped
Dont forgot read this file http://slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/14.1 ... dio/README. Add necessary user and group.
sammy

Post by sammy »

I'm using "apulse" from slackbuilds, which emulates pulseaudio and Skype works fine with it.
compfused

Post by compfused »

Same here apulse with skype works great and not need worry about using pulseaudio
sammy wrote:I'm using "apulse" from slackbuilds, which emulates pulseaudio and Skype works fine with it.
VAA

Post by VAA »

Thanks for sammy and compfused.
I have installed apulse (it need installed cmake for installation) but now I have new problem, not connected with sound.
When I try to start skype I have message "/usr/bin/skype: No such file or directory".
I have checked. File skype exist in /usr/bin and has permission for performance.
My system is Salix 64 bit Mate, I have installed skype two time. First skype-4.3.0.37 dynamic from producer, second using sourcery.
And system was rebootet. What I do wrong?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Skype is 32bit only and does not work in 64bit systems.

Use the packages djemos posted.