Salix merch

If you have any suggestions or ideas about improving Salix, here's the place to post them.
Themis

Salix merch

Post by Themis »

Hello,

This is definitely not useful, but I was wondering: have you ever planned to or thought about offering for sale Salix goodies, to help the project? There’s of course the donation process, and the partnership with DuckDuckGo, but since the main big distros (OK, especially the Ubuntu family, Debian, OpenSuse and Fedora) are everywhere when it comes to merchandising, I was just thinking that Salix stickers or T-shirts wouldn’t be that bad (this tree is pretty nice, IMHO).
Of course, that was just a thought.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Salix merch

Post by gapan »

I don't think we have the crowds for that. The sales would not be much and it would take considerable effort to organize something like that. There had been an attempt years ago, but people found the prices too high when using established e-shops that would allow customized merchandise. Rolling our own would be definitely out of the question.
Themis

Post by Themis »

Hello,

Yes, sure. I should have known that. Sounds perfectly logical. :)
A question, though. Are the graphical elements free (like the Salix tree)? I haven’t checked that, but I mean, if one day or another I want to make a t-shirt print for my personal usage, would that be OK?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Yes, definitely.