Salix translation project at Transifex

You want to have Salix in your own language? Help us translating it!
Guillo

Re: Salix translation project at Transifex

Post by Guillo »

Hey guys!
I'm sorry if this is a repeat post, but I couldn't find anything useful with the search button.
I know this thread is about translation works in progress, but what languages are already available?
And more importantly, can I add language options once i have the OS installed and running in english?

Thank you! I'm not a programmer and getting on board the Transifex project may be a bit over my head, but I can help through the forum with translations and doubts in English, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

Hi Guillo

When you go on Transifex website, put Salix in the search box, that will bring up all the different translation projects linked to Salix.
Choose one of them & then click on the 'Default' link, right below 'Project Releases', this will show you all the languages work in progress.
From then on it is pretty much self explanatory. :)
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I have disabled submission of translations for all our projects in Transifex. Sadly the new Transifex 1.0 doesn't work at all like previous versions did and the new features in 1.0 don't seem to work either. So we'll probably need to look elsewhere... Pootle doesn't seem like a viable option either. :(
laplume
Donor

Post by laplume »

Hello gapan,

That's a pity about the Transifex issue. I was going to revise the translation for italian, which was completed. Do you think it's possible to download the files and edit them offline till a new service can be found?

Regards,
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Actually, I may have found a way to make it work with transifex! But it will need major restructuring of our projects at transifex. We'll probably have to wipe them all and start them all over again from the start (not the translations of course, the transifex projects themselves). So please wait a couple of days and I think we're going to have a solution,
laplume
Donor

Post by laplume »

Hello gapan,
Well, that's good news anyway. We'll wait and see.
Thanks for the info.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

OK, so everything should be back to normal now. Translators should only log into transifex just like before and start translating! :)
bormant

Post by bormant »

Hi, I have done Russian translation on Transifex.
Is it too late for 14.2 releases use it?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

bormant wrote:Hi, I have done Russian translation on Transifex.
Is it too late for 14.2 releases use it?
It's too late for the Xfce release, but not for the next 14.2 releases (mate, fluxbox etc)...

Thank you!
bormant

Post by bormant »

gapan wrote: It's too late for the Xfce release, but not for the next 14.2 releases (mate, fluxbox etc)...
Sounds good. Are any chances to test localized installer before release to avoid i18n issues? Can I help to test it somehow?