SalixStartupGuide translation problems

You want to have Salix in your own language? Help us translating it!
Kristho

SalixStartupGuide translation problems

Post by Kristho »

Hi!

Am I right, when I say that the letters "A", "B"... etc. is because the headlines are arranged by alphabet? Then it's impossible to make a good translation, because headlines which are beginning with a "B" in english does not necessarily begin with a "B" in other languages - or what? Does it work in a smart way? :)

// Kristho
JRD
Salix Warrior

Re: SalixStartupGuide translation problems

Post by JRD »

This problem has been identified by thenktor this afternoon. I don't know how to resolve this for now. Simply ignore these headlines for now. I may change the ODT to have directly one word to translate.
seacat

Post by seacat »

I'm reading the string for translation directly in Poedit, and in this words "alix Live", "ion", "oot Parameters", "sunder", aren't missing first letters?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

seacat wrote:I'm reading the string for translation directly in Poedit, and in this words "alix Live", "ion", "oot Parameters", "sunder", aren't missing first letters?
Yes, there is a known problem with those entries. Do not translate them for now, until a fix can be found.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

gapan wrote:Yes, there is a known problem with those entries. Do not translate them for now, until a fix can be found.
Please translate nothing there yet. JRD will update the POT file, and then translations can be continued.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

It's ok now :)
seacat

Post by seacat »

Questions: Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

1) I think </g> tag must close after "files" (entire word)

<g id='70'>You can use Asunder to save tracks from an Audio CD as any of WAV, MP3, OGG, FLAC, WavPack, Musepack, AAC, and Monkey's Audio fil</g>es.

2) Message should be "load=module" in <g id='169'><x id='170'/>l</g><g id='171'>oad=module</g>

Regards
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

seacat wrote:Questions: Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

1) I think </g> tag must close after "files" (entire word)

<g id='70'>You can use Asunder to save tracks from an Audio CD as any of WAV, MP3, OGG, FLAC, WavPack, Musepack, AAC, and Monkey's Audio fil</g>es.
yes
seacat wrote: 2) Message should be "load=module" in <g id='169'><x id='170'/>l</g><g id='171'>oad=module</g>

Regards
Yeah, the thing is that if you apply say, italic to part of a sentence, and apply italic later to the remaining part of the sentence, this type of things could occur.
For not making the merge to crash, just keep the sentence the same, or at least, keep all the <g> tags, no matter their position.

One other problem is that some sentences contains an "&" caracter, for "and" in english. The itools software that generate .pot file, seems to think that this seperate two sentences. I need to track them down in the original .odt file and replace them by "and". Sorry this is not perfect for now.
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

Things have been corrected.
Please check again the translations on Transifex, especially the ones marked now as "Fuzzy".
Be very carefull about the <g id="XX"> tags, some numbers have been changed.

Thanks !