Slint got a wiki, first article up for translation

DidierSpaier

Slint got a wiki, first article up for translation

Post by DidierSpaier »

Hello,

Well, "wiki" is maybe an overstatement as it has only one writer so far (but more writers are welcome) and there is no wiki engine (it is part of the website, which is static). The first article is Slint with BTRFS.

I have uploaded the POT file as a new resources in Crowdin (filename /wiki/a001.pot)

So, Dear Translators, go!

I have adopted this naming scheme and layout, so that:
  • The same script be used to rebuild the website when a new article is added.
  • A link to the new article be appended to the table of content (they are sorted by name so the second one will be a002.pot and so on.
  • Each article can be translated independently of others as they are written.
We will not wait until all articles be translated in a given language to display the wiki page in this language: we will do that a soon as one article is translated. Not yet translated articles in this language will be displayed in English.

I still have to adapt the page https://slint.fr/doc/translate_slint.html, will do tomorrow.
EDIT: done.

Cheers,
Didier
DidierSpaier

Re: Slint got a wiki, first article up for translation

Post by DidierSpaier »

Now also in Dutch and Portuguese in addition to English, French and Swedish. Thanks all!

I am happy with my workflow now. Rebuild the whole website locally takes less than 30 seconds, 5 minutes at most to have it on line. :)
DidierSpaier

Post by DidierSpaier »

The first article is now translated into Greek, thanks Dimitris.

But there is an issue in all translations: 4 paragraphs, although translated, are displayed in English as for an reason unknown to me the application po4a-translate, used to convert the PO file to asciidoc format, sees them as untranslated. I will investigate why.
DidierSpaier

Post by DidierSpaier »

My mistake, I did not update the POT file after having modified the source asciidoc files. Now that I did it the 4 messages appear now as untranslated in Crowdin. Sorry for the inconvenience, fortunately it should not take long to re-translate them.

Didier
ibka

Post by ibka »

Found an error in the Swedish translation "hänvisar vi läsaren till https://slint.fr/en/HandBook. tml#_glossary[glossary]".
The "HandBook. tml" part is wrong and should be "HandBook.html" witch i have fixed now.

And i noticed that the Greek has the same error.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

I have already fixed the Greek translation. I also fixed another not well translated word. Then i saw your post here.
DidierSpaier

Post by DidierSpaier »

Thanks Dimitris and Ingemar. The website has been updated with your modifications, and is globally in sync with Crowdin at time of writing.
hugok

Post by hugok »

Portuguese (Portugal) is done :D

Thanks Didier
Hugo Carvalho
Portuguese translator

https://github.com/hugok79