GSlapt and Sorcery conflict about Wine

miredia

GSlapt and Sorcery conflict about Wine

Post by miredia »

On Slackel v7.6 OpenBox 64-bit I installed Wine v8.0 through Sorcery, took 1-1/2 hours to compile.

GSlapt update system detected this and decided to install an ancient version of Wine v1.5.15 from Slackel repositories. :!: Either there should be a way to block this ancient version from further "upgrade", or this ancient version should just be removed from repository information. I wrecked what I had because of it. The system didn't even recognize "winecfg" and couldn't run a couple of Windows apps that ran well enough with the newer build.

I was forced to redo the actions in Sorcery, which insults me because it's rebuilding everything over again as if it never installed anything. Because of this I'm afraid to upgrade this system any further.

I must note I tried to get Slackel in 32-bit instead but refused to boot, and I tried GRUB "os-prober" ceremony with three other distros and they all refused to detect Slackel partition in this case. Apparently in "SLI" going with GRUB as bootloader didn't work. Having Slackware in 32-bit makes Wine more useable because it's going to keep asking for 32-bit libraries and such.

I wish I could get a more-complete installation but I realize this requires "multilib". However I cannot run any Windows installers. The fake "c_drive/Windows/syswow64" directory has no files. Also "winetricks" refused to execute, needed this for "corefonts" and it might not be good enough that I copied the fonts over from a different Linux installation, to "c_drive/Windows/Fonts".

This is for information.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Re: GSlapt and Sorcery conflict about Wine

Post by djemos »

wine removed from slackel repos. Thanks.
I must note I tried to get Slackel in 32-bit instead but refused to boot,
A new laptop 8 core lenovo of a friend, does not boot 32 bit linux distro's. Lenovo has removed support in bios for 32bit legacy boot distro's.
Apparently in "SLI" going with GRUB as bootloader didn't work.
I installed twice slackel 7.6 32bit in a usb stick with grub without problem. System boot fine in another laptop which support legacy bios.
Before release slackel i did a lot of real installations of 32 and 64bit with grub and lilo and all went fine. rc1 had the grub problem which solved in final slackel release. Also as i see Slackware team has also patched and updated grub,