Slackel current rolling release (32 και 64 bit)

djemos
Salix Warrior

Re: Slackel current rolling release (32 και 64 bit)

Post by djemos »

you are right.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Thanks djemos :)
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

salix-codecs-installer appears to be broken in Slackel. Possibly in Salix current too?

The trouble I'm getting is at line 716. Also, it appears to depend on the urlgrabber module.

I have since installed all sorts of Gnomish stuff (in a hurry to finish the installation for a friend), somewhat at random, but to no avail.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

salix-codecs-installer is not broken. It is missing urlgrabber
Do a

Code: Select all

slapt-get -i urlgrabber
pycurl will installed also as a dep

Then run salix-codecs-installer.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

I'd done that (see the second line of my post) - not sure if it picked up pycurl on the way. I decided to do it manually, but

/usr/share/salix-codecs-installer/pkglist
was not present (/usr/share/salix-codecs-installer/foo.glade was). So I downloaded the package from 13.37, which also didn't work, but had the list.

I'm not sure what went wrong there (probably something I did) but it did occur to me afterwards that Slackel is likely to be at its most unstable just now - and that's fair enough. I'm still delighted to be able to show it to my friend who asked me to install Linux for him. The new KDE is looking great :)
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

The new salix-codecs-installer doesn't need or use a list. It gets its information from the repos. And you're probably also missing pysimpleconfig.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

That's clever. How does it tell which packages are relevant, though? I must have a look at the code!
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

mimosa wrote:I'd done that (see the second line of my post) - not sure if it picked up pycurl on the way. I decided to do it manually, but

/usr/share/salix-codecs-installer/pkglist
was not present (/usr/share/salix-codecs-installer/foo.glade was). So I downloaded the package from 13.37, which also didn't work, but had the list.

I'm not sure what went wrong there (probably something I did) but it did occur to me afterwards that Slackel is likely to be at its most unstable just now - and that's fair enough. I'm still delighted to be able to show it to my friend who asked me to install Linux for him. The new KDE is looking great :)
Did you upgrade from a previous release? In that case did you edit slapt-getrc?
For 64 bit is: (for 32 bit change x86_64 to i486.

SOURCE=http://salix.enialis.net/x86_64/current/:PREFERRED
SOURCE=http://www.slackel.gr/repo/x86_64/slackware-current/:OFFICIAL
SOURCE=http://www.slackel.gr/repo/x86_64/slackware-current/extra/:OFFICIAL
SOURCE=http://www.slackel.gr/repo/x86_64/current/:CUSTOM
If you did a clean installation then urlgrabber and pycurl are not installed because i forgot to put them on package lists.
So after a slapt-get -u && slapt-get -i urlgrabber there is no problem at all.

I have installed and have checked Slackel kde-4.8.5. I use it for everyday use with no problems.
Slackel is stable. More stable than previous release because slackware is more stable now going to a new stable release.

All packages are on the repos. To see them

slapt-get -u
slapt-get --search salix-codecs-installer pycurl urlgrabber pysimpleconfig
Don't use packages from 13.37. pycurl is on slackware current tree.

slapt-get --clean
slapt-get -u
slapt-get -i --reinstall salix-codecs-installer pycurl urlgrabber pysimpleconfig 
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Thanks djemos. Maybe I downgraded to salix-codecs-installer 13.37 before I got urlgrabber. I'll do as you suggest and see what happens. This was a fresh install I'm doing for a friend.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

It doesn't matter, because I've already installed the codecs by hand; but that didn't work. I'm afraid I probably won't be able to help with any tests (at least not for long) because the owner of the drive wants to collect it. The only difference was upgrading the 13.37 salix-codecs-installer (sim = yes, não = no):

root[jakson]# slapt-get --search pycurl pysimpleconfig salix-codecs-installer urlgrabber
pycurl-7.19.0-i486-2 [inst=sim]: pycurl (Python interface to cURL library)
pysimpleconfig-0.2-i486-1dj [inst=sim]: pysimpleconfig (Simple configuration file management in python)
pysimpleconfig-0.2-i486-2gv [inst=não]: pysimpleconfig (Simple configuration file management in python)
salix-codecs-installer-1.0.0-noarch-1dj [inst=sim]: salix-codecs-installer (install restricted multimedia codecs)
salix-codecs-installer-1.1.0-noarch-1gv [inst=não]: salix-codecs-installer (install restricted multimedia codecs)
urlgrabber-3.9.1-i486-1dj [inst=sim]: urlgrabber (A high-level cross-protocol url-grabber for python)
urlgrabber-3.9.1-i486-2gv [inst=não]: urlgrabber (A high-level cross-protocol url-grabber for python)
The messages are the same or similar. (Apologies for Portuguese) The final one means "floating point error":

root[jakson]# salix-codecs-installer
No protocol specified
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning: could not open display
  warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:649: Warning: invalid (NULL) pointer instance
  builder.add_from_file('/usr/share/salix-codecs-installer/salix-codecs-installer.glade')
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:649: Warning: g_signal_connect_data: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
  builder.add_from_file('/usr/share/salix-codecs-installer/salix-codecs-installer.glade')
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:649: GtkWarning: IA__gtk_settings_get_for_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:649: Warning: g_object_get: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:649: Warning: value "TRUE" of type `gboolean' is invalid or out of range for property `visible' of type `gboolean'
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:689: GtkWarning: IA__gtk_settings_get_for_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
  self.treeviewcolumn_checkbox.set_title(_('Install'))
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:689: Warning: g_object_get: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
  self.treeviewcolumn_checkbox.set_title(_('Install'))
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:691: GtkWarning: IA__gtk_settings_get_for_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
  self.treeviewcolumn_pkgname.set_title(_('Name'))
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:691: Warning: g_object_get: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
  self.treeviewcolumn_pkgname.set_title(_('Name'))
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:693: GtkWarning: IA__gtk_settings_get_for_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
  self.treeviewcolumn_pkgver.set_title(_('Version'))
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:693: Warning: g_object_get: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
  self.treeviewcolumn_pkgver.set_title(_('Version'))
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:695: GtkWarning: IA__gtk_settings_get_for_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
  self.treeviewcolumn_pkgdesc.set_title(_('Description'))
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:695: Warning: g_object_get: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
  self.treeviewcolumn_pkgdesc.set_title(_('Description'))
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: GtkWarning: Screen for GtkWindow not set; you must always set
a screen for a GtkWindow before using the window
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: GtkWarning: IA__gdk_pango_context_get_for_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: PangoWarning: pango_context_set_font_description: assertion `context != NULL' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: PangoWarning: pango_context_set_base_dir: assertion `context != NULL' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: PangoWarning: pango_context_set_language: assertion `context != NULL' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: PangoWarning: pango_layout_new: assertion `context != NULL' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: PangoWarning: pango_layout_set_text: assertion `layout != NULL' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: PangoWarning: pango_layout_set_attributes: assertion `layout != NULL' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: PangoWarning: pango_layout_set_alignment: assertion `layout != NULL' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: PangoWarning: pango_layout_set_ellipsize: assertion `PANGO_IS_LAYOUT (layout)' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: PangoWarning: pango_layout_set_single_paragraph_mode: assertion `PANGO_IS_LAYOUT (layout)' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: PangoWarning: pango_layout_set_width: assertion `layout != NULL' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: PangoWarning: pango_layout_get_extents: assertion `layout != NULL' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: GtkWarning: IA__gtk_icon_theme_get_for_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: GtkWarning: IA__gtk_settings_get_for_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: GtkWarning: IA__gtk_icon_size_lookup_for_settings: assertion `GTK_IS_SETTINGS (settings)' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: GtkWarning: Invalid icon size 6

app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: GtkWarning: IA__gtk_icon_theme_load_icon: assertion `GTK_IS_ICON_THEME (icon_theme)' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: GtkWarning: Error loading theme icon 'dialog-question' for stock: 
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: GtkWarning: gtkstyle.c:2358: invalid icon size '6'
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: GtkWarning: IA__gtk_style_render_icon: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: Warning: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: PangoWarning: pango_layout_set_wrap: assertion `PANGO_IS_LAYOUT (layout)' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: Warning: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: GtkWarning: IA__gdk_screen_get_width: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
/usr/sbin/salix-codecs-installer:716: PangoWarning: pango_layout_get_line_count: assertion `layout != NULL' failed
  app.infowindow.show()
Exceção de ponto flutuante