Congratulations djemos on Slackel 1.0 "Openbox"

djemos
Salix Warrior

Re: Congratulations djemos on Slackel 1.0 "Openbox"

Post by djemos »

Atip wrote:Strange with both version (32/64) in X keyboard and mouse are not working.
This happens when mtdev package is not installed. Which is not the case here because it is included in both isos in basic list of packages.
Did you check the md5 downloads? if isos downloaded ok?
Give more details.
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

jayseye wrote:Since you mention it zAchAry, is this name a play on words in the Hebrew version: Isratine Citizen (אזרחית יִשְׂרָטִין‎‎ )?
It is a former GNOME translator who went back to translate after noticing that there is a new butthead "translator" who started to corrupt the Hebrew language by using Biblical Hebrew (honestly, WHAT THE F**K) at GNOME et. al, so now, in respond, "Isratine Citizen" is now translating FOSS projects under a fictitious name in order to have a better stand against the abuser when a question of credit abuse is presented to project managers that do not speak Hebrew.

Tim CowChip wrote:
zAchAry wrote: I have heard that the Salix OS Translation Team has made a Hebrew translation of Raqzor-qt.
GreenLunar, Rodensky, Eli Zaretskii (אלי זרצקי) and Isratine Citizen (אזרחית יִשְׂרָטִין‎‎) are the ones mentioned in the Translations tab of the Razor-QT about window.
:evil: Salix OS is listed there!!! Read again.
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
jayseye

Post by jayseye »

Thanks zAchAry, the diacritical vowels really caught my eye, as I learned biblical Hebrew long ago. Have heard that even Ashkenazi folks use the Sephardic "dialect" in modern Israel. Many here in the U.S. follow suit these days.

Non-Hebrew speakers might think of this as sort of a "You say potato, I say posaso" thing. :wink: I wonder if the biblical usage is more typical of "ultra-conservatives" or of evangelical Christians, though that would definitely take the discussion into Useless Talk territory...
Atip

Post by Atip »

djemos wrote:
Atip wrote:Strange with both version (32/64) in X keyboard and mouse are not working.
This happens when mtdev package is not installed. Which is not the case here because it is included in both isos in basic list of packages.
Did you check the md5 downloads? if isos downloaded ok?
Give more details.
md5 OK.
I am now in Slackel. The first installs I made to a USB stick put there with unetbootin. Now I installed again on a USB stick
using my manual method. Open iso with mc, copying all the files to the USB stick and then changing all iso* to sys*. :lol: