zAchAry

Re: Congratulations djemos on Slackel 1.0 "Openbox"

Post by zAchAry »

hakerdefo wrote:
zAchAry wrote:Congratulations!

Typo at slackel.gr "Bracero".
zAchAry-the-eagle-eyed ;)
No, no, no, I will always have a cute and awesome puppy as a pet :P
Tim CowChip wrote:Razor-qt 0.5.2 is out!

I have heard that the Salix OS Translation Team has made a Hebrew translation of Raqzor-qt.
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
hakerdefo

Post by hakerdefo »

jayseye wrote:
A live version would be useful for testing hardware compatibility before installation, particularly on old laptops. As an alternative I've been working to create a fully installed "portable" version, bootable from an external USB drive. Am in the process of learning enough about grub and syslinux to be dangerous. :cool:
Fully installed portable version! Will you be able to use it on different machines? Will it be self-booting or will it need a separate bootloader? I'm really interested. It will be wonderful if you can share your knowledge when you complete your work on this. Wish you all the luck! And yes by the way you should try semplice. A debian sid based distro made in Italy featuring openbox. I installed it a few days back and i'm really enjoying the distro. Go ahead and try it you will like it. Here's the link to semplice home
http://semplice-linux.org/
cheers!!!
Last edited by hakerdefo on 15. Jan 2013, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
hakerdefo

Post by hakerdefo »

zAchAry wrote: No, no, no, I will always have a cute and awesome puppy as a pet :P
:-) ;-) :-)
Tim CowChip

Post by Tim CowChip »

zAchAry wrote: I have heard that the Salix OS Translation Team has made a Hebrew translation of Raqzor-qt.
GreenLunar, Rodensky, Eli Zaretskii (אלי זרצקי) and Isratine Citizen (אזרחית יִשְׂרָטִין‎‎) are the ones mentioned in the Translations tab of the Razor-QT about window.
ImageImage
jayseye

Post by jayseye »

Live versions of Salix / Slackel are already self-booting, on PCs which have built-in BIOS support to boot from USB drives. For older PCs, or those with flaky BIOSs, grub2 has experimental USB drivers.

On those old PCs, the only USB boot utility that actually works for me (so far) is the proprietary, "freeware" PLoP boot loader. Images are available for floppy and CD; I use the one included with Parted Magic. I think that PLoP might also be installable on a hard drive's MBR...

Perhaps grub2 will get there if both supply and demand are increased: interested asm86 devs, and reasons to keep those old PCs alive :roll:

Portability includes tradeoffs with being fully installed. For instance, /etc/fstab can have /dev/sda hard-coded, if you're willing to use the BIOS to disable any internal hard drive(s). More creative options may arise; meanwhile, disconnecting the cables also works :cool:
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

Tim CowChip wrote:
zAchAry wrote: I have heard that the Salix OS Translation Team has made a Hebrew translation of Raqzor-qt.
GreenLunar, Rodensky, Eli Zaretskii (אלי זרצקי) and Isratine Citizen (אזרחית יִשְׂרָטִין‎‎) are the ones mentioned in the Translations tab of the Razor-QT about window.
I guess it will appear in next version, then - https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/ra ... l/he/view/
I have just done examining the current HE translation. It looks great (very similar to KDE-IL), unlike the idiot-style of those who are currently translating GNOME/GTK+ as if they were new immigrants :-P
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
jayseye

Post by jayseye »

Since you mention it zAchAry, is this name a play on words in the Hebrew version: Isratine Citizen (אזרחית יִשְׂרָטִין‎‎ )?
Atip

Post by Atip »

Strange with both version (32/64) in X keyboard and mouse are not working.
jayseye

Post by jayseye »

Any hints in the Xorg log file, Atip?