Slackel 7.5 "Openbox"

djemos
Salix Warrior

Slackel 7.5 "Openbox"

Post by djemos »

http://www.slackel.gr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=688

Happy and Healthy New Year 2022 to everybody.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Slackel 7.5 "Openbox"

Post by gapan »

Great news djemos! Thank you!

I'm going to "borrow" several of your packages for 15.0 ;)

Happy new year!
djemos
Salix Warrior

Re: Slackel 7.5 "Openbox"

Post by djemos »

gapan wrote: 1. Jan 2022, 10:05 Great news djemos! Thank you!

I'm going to "borrow" several of your packages for 15.0 ;)

Happy new year!
Of course gapan you are welcome :-) I have "borrowed" the great salixtools and other packages from you.
I use installpkg, upgradepkg etc native slackware packages for slapt-get/gslapt. Note that spkg break the system when installing aaa_glibc-solibs package for example and other packages i don't remember. Also cannot use spkg to remove the kernel-source package return an error. I report this for upcoming new salix version so you can test it.
spkg exist in slackel of source but it is not used by default.
Iso images 64 and 32 bit were tested.
1. The live iso were transferred in a usb stick using the instonusb gui tool and booted from it.
2. Then made a real installation to an external ssd disk using sli gui installer and booted from it.
3. There is also the the install-upgrade-kernel-ext-usb script for upgrading the kernel for external ssd after installation when a new kernel released. The install-upgrade-kernel script is for upgrading the kernel and update grub for system installed in internal hard disk.
Everything worked fine. The ssd external disk was formatted using a gpt partition table. It is important to create also an fat32 33 MB at least partition signed bios_grub [EF02] to be able to boot the 32 bit version after installation to external disk.

There is an error in vim-gvim slackware package. The i586 version need ruby :o to run while the x86_64 version is working without ruby installed. I hope slackware team will fix it. So ruby included in isos.

So i wait for new Salix version.
Happy New Year!