Slackel 7.6 "openbox"

djemos
Salix Warrior

Slackel 7.6 "openbox"

Post by djemos »

hugok

Re: Slackel 7.6 "openbox"

Post by hugok »

Congratulations for all your hard work and dedication!

Downloading.... :D I'll give it a try.

Thanks djemos
Hugo Carvalho
Portuguese translator

https://github.com/hugok79
miredia

Post by miredia »

Hi djemos. Thank you for this release of Slackel.

I visited your forum but Firefox giving me a hard time because it's not "HTTPS". Also couldn't find the way to create an account there, so I have to post my appreciation here. I was planning to not visit this forum ever again.

I did something stupid to ruin my previous installation, after the library I had to add and you proposed it to me. (This was after "system upgrade" and the system couldn't start into GUI.) After I made the fix with that library, I was unable to log out or shut down the system, had to open the terminal and give "shutdown" command to do so. Then I wrecked my installation so I had to do it over. I was running short on disk space anyway.

So I'm glad I got another opportunity with this new Slackel v7.6.

I was going to write a review on Distrowatch but was denied another time, so I don't want to post anything there anymore even if I'm allowed. Somehow the good word about this distro has to get out to more places. Again thank you for your work on this operating system and for sharing it with others.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

Registration on slackel forum has been disabled because of fake attempts registrations of robot spammers. I am tired to have to delete them. If you want to register just send me by email (my email is shown in the first page of slackel.gr), your email you want to register, and your user name. I will register you and then send you back the password. Then you can login and change the password i set for you.
auankarag

Post by auankarag »

χαιρετε

προσπαθω με το ηδη τελικο livecd slackel 7.6
δεν μπαινει το livecd σε γραφικο περιβαλλον,σταματα στο setting up x11 manager με μυνημα:INIT:Id "x1" respawning too fast:disabled for 5 minutes.
Δοκιμασα με init3 το ιδιο,δοκιμασα με startx κλπ
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

Πως δημιούργησες το liveusb ή το έκαψες σε livedvd ? Μήπως δεν έγινε καλά η εγγραφή στο livedvd ή είναι προβληματικό το usb?
Γράφω αυτό το μήνυμα από slackel-7.6 εγκατεστημένο σε usb stick.
auankarag

Post by auankarag »

το δημιουργησα με το k3b DVD εγγραφη απο SLACKWARE 15.0 και ολα τα προηγουμενα και σε χαμηλη ταχυτητα 4χ
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

Δεν έχω dvd writer πλέον και δεν μπορώ να κάνω δοκιμή. Γιατί δεν φτιάχνεις ένα liveusb?
Και να μπουτάρεις με αυτό;
auankarag

Post by auankarag »

εφτιαξα ενα liveusb και οταν ηταν να μπει σε γραφικο περιβαλλον εβγαλε ακριβως το ιδιο μηνυμα.
Το slackel live 7.5 ηταν οκ.
auankarag

Post by auankarag »

το εβαλα και σε αλλο PC με i5 επεξεργαστη 5 ετων και εκανε ακριβως το ιδιο,γιατι σκεφτηκα οτι ισως ειναι θεμα hardware