LiveClone issue I am trying to figure out

Akuna
Salix Wizard

Re: LiveClone issue I am trying to figure out

Post by Akuna »

Could you please try this new version & let me know if it fixes your problem?
http://people.salixos.org/akuna/livetoo ... h-1plb.txz

What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
salixosuser

Post by salixosuser »

Hi Akuna,

Thanks very much for such quick turnaround. I will try to test it late tonight when I get home from work. In the interim I was trying the workaround I got from Gapan, I left running for the night so I will test it as well when I come home late tonight.
I greatly appreciate your help.
salixosuser

Post by salixosuser »

gapan wrote:You can try removing all configuration files from /var/lib/wicd/configurations and/or the *.conf files in /etc/wicd and remaster the iso without them.
Greetings Gapan,

Finally I got some time to test the above workaround and I am glad to report that it appears to work.
I deleted all *conf files from /etc/wicd (the other one under /var was empty) and re-ran the LiveClone, created a new ISO and booted from a different machine (another T23). It booted and connected to the network! As a matter of fact I am writing this from the new SalixLive...
Your solution fixed this problem. Next I will try to test the fix posted by Akuna...
Could you please remember to incorporate this fix (Either yours or Akuna's) in the new release of Salix...
Thanks very much. Greatly appreciated.
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

That is already included, all wicd static configuration files are already excluded from new LiveClone version above.
salixosuser

Post by salixosuser »

Akuna,

I apologize but I ran out of time and did not have a chance to test the fix you provided.
If I understand correctly from your latest post, the *.conf files from /etc/wicd will be removed in the next version, to fix this bug. Please correct me if I misunderstood.
As I planned to test the fix you provided (my next opportunity will be over the coming weekend), is this fix equivalent to the above or there is more to it?
I would appreciate some heads up ahead of time... I see the file size of the fix is about 700k and I did not have a chance to look inside yet...
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

Whatever I meant is that the last version I uploaded & whose link is above should (will) fix your problem ;)

Please test & confirm whenever you are able too. Tx :)