SalixLive Fluxbox edition 13.1.2 has been released!

gapan
Salix Wizard

SalixLive Fluxbox edition 13.1.2 has been released!

Post by gapan »

SalixLive Fluxbox 13.1.2 is now ready and completes the collection of Salix Live CD 13.1.2 series.

As in the Salix Fluxbox standard edition, the Live CD edition offers a functional, reliable and responsive desktop environment that is fully equipped with modern and powerful tools, while its minimalistic Window Manager is designed to stay completely out of the way.

Following the one application per task rationale, Salix Live Fluxbox edition includes the full OpenOffice.org office suite and the powerful image editor, Gimp. As in all Salix editions, the installation of legally encumbered multimedia codecs is only a couple of clicks away by using the "Install multimedia codecs" tool from the Multimedia section of the Fluxbox menu where you will also find Exaile Music Manager, Brasero disc burner and the feather light Whaaw media player. Reading emails cannot be done simpler with Claws Mail, while file-sharing is managed by Transmission. The default web browser is Firefox, and Pidgin can be used for connecting to almost any instant messaging network. In addition, all the applications and accessories needed for everyday use are included as always, and will enable you to open archived files, scan documents, read or edit configuration files, setup secure communications, browse through photo albums, work with numbers, compile programs, rip audio CDs, etc.

All the Salix system tools are, of course, included for your convenience and will assist you in dealing with system chores.

The Persistence Wizard helps you to create a persistent system so that your live CD behaves as if it were installed on your machine, and saves all your modifications and the work done in a Live session. Furthermore, if you are interested in creating your very own customized Live CD or an installable mini-distro based on Salix, LiveClone is there to facilitate that for you.

Last but not least, if you wish to install the Salix Fluxbox edition on your computer, this can be done easily with the Salix Live Installer, which also gives you the possibility to choose from three distinct installation options: Core, Basic or Full.

All this and even more from a mere 650 MB CD-ROM which you can download either from our Sourceforge project page or using a torrent client:
Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/f ... o/download
torrent: http://salix.enialis.net/i486/13.1/iso/ ... so.torrent
(size: 646MB, md5: be583b46ddc98f73c7fdec90d4d66e37)

As with all SalixLive releases the default user is named one with a blank password, while the root user's password is live.

Have fun!
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: SalixLive Fluxbox edition 13.1.2 has been released!

Post by gapan »

Of course, special thanks goes to Kerd and ax for creating this release. :)
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

gapan wrote:Of course, special thanks goes to Kerd and ax for creating this release. :)
Well done guys! ;)
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
ax

Post by ax »

We are happy to make our contribution :)
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

Many thanks to Kerd and ax for salixlive fluxbox 13.1.2 release.
Congratulations !!!!!!! :)
solar

Post by solar »

Thanks a lot gentlemen. I am going to install it on my netbook.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

I'm downloading it as a torrent. As ever, it's picked up speed compared with at first, as more of the data gets out there.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks!
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Beautiful and everything I've tried works. The menu is very well organised, and it's fast and responsive. The Ndiswrapper entry under Network looks useful indeed for those who need it.

A detail - Persistence under LiveTools should be so spelled.

EDIT

Also v. good to have rxvt-unicode :D
ikke

Post by ikke »

We had to wait for a long time but you kept your promises. Am downloading ...

Wish to thank the gentlemen responsible for this LiveCD. Thank you very much!

Will come back later on with any questions if required.

Regards,
keikun007

Post by keikun007 »

i would love a Openbox version of Salix. Is a WM much more active and flexible