[DONE] ALSA

If there's software you need and you can't find, make a request for it.
damNageHack

[DONE] ALSA

Post by damNageHack »

Please update the ALSA packages to version 1.0.21

o also-driver
o alsa-lib
o alsa-utils

I had problems with ALSA version 1.0.20 in Ubuntu 9.10 and snd-hda-intel on my Acer Aspire One 751 (Poulsbo chipset), so I assume same problems with Salix.

You will find a general and "good" (hehe) copy paste howto at following link. It is not only for Ubuntu :D

http://monespaceperso.org/blog-en/2009/ ... unty-9-04/
Last edited by damNageHack on 26. Nov 2009, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: ALSA

Post by gapan »

Sorry, but no. 13.0 is a stable release. That means that package upgrades should only happen if they are really needed. Upgrading packages to the latest version is something to be done on a -current tree, which we don't have yet. Moreover, alsa is a slackware package and we will not replace any slackware package (unless there is a really good reason and there isn't). If any user wants a newer alsa on his system, he can use the slackware slackbuilds to create new packages for the newer versions, it should only require editing the version number. But unless slackware updates their alsa in 13.0 (highly unlikely), we're sticking with the same.
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

ok. I can understand this.

BTW: Seems anyway that my problems depend not on a newer alsa, some playing with parameters is better (Ubuntu's alsa conf is f*cking hacked :twisted: ).
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

BTW: The drivers are part of the kernel, so if you need newer drivers, you can install a newer kernel ;)
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

thenktor wrote:BTW: The drivers are part of the kernel, so if you need newer drivers, you can install a newer kernel ;)
Only a third of the truth ;)
damNageHack wrote: Please update the ALSA packages to version 1.0.21

o also-driver
o alsa-lib
o alsa-utils
alsa-lib and alsa-utils are separated packages, right?

Which kernel has the 1.0.21 drivers embedded yet? I built against kernel-headers according to the link that I posted with the initial message.

Anyway, my problems are related more to Ubuntu, which is mostly Offtopic here :ugeek: