Gigolo problem

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
toothandnail

Re: Gigolo problem

Post by toothandnail »

gapan wrote: I am convinced that your problem only has something to do with the keyring and not gvfs or gigolo itself. As a workaround can you try other alternatives for mounting your samba shares? Like fusesmb, available with slapt-src/sourcery. Not a solution, but maybe good enough.
:( I've not tried fusesmb for a while - used to maintain it for Vector. I gave up using it because it seems to have been very prone to time out errors since the kernel went to CIFS instead of SMB. But I can give it a try later.....

Paul.
toothandnail

Post by toothandnail »

gapan wrote:OK, after a reboot with dconf installed, I try to mount one ssh share with gigolo, it does it right (after prompting me for the keyring password) and any other attempt to mount another share, or even the same share after I unmount it first results to the same message you get. I think it's the same problem, so it's not only particular to samba shares.
I wondered if that might be the case. Unfortunately, I've only got one password protected SSH connection. Most of my SSH logins use key pairs, and the prompt for the key password doesn't seem to make use of gnome-keyring. Never get prompted to save the password, so the problem didn't come up.

Another oddity - as I mentioned, since I couldn't rebuild gvfs 1.6.6, I built 1.6.7 (which built without problems). When I stated the machine a little while ago, it was really sluggish. I've just let the update util reinstall 1.6.6, and, after a restart, the machine is back to normal. Can't guarantee that was the problem, but I'll test it later by reinstalling my 1.6.7 build and see if the machine is sluggish after a restart again.

Its useful to be able to confirm that the problem is not only appearing on Samba shares.

Paul.
lmello

Post by lmello »

Ok, I have been able to config NFS for my linux machines and SAMBA for my Windows machines in the network I administer. I'd like to use SAMBA in my linux machines as well. Here's my smb.config:

Code: Select all

[global]
	workgroup = xxxx
	server string = xxxx
	security = share
	client lanman auth = yes
	client plaintext auth = yes

[itcp-00]
	comment = ITCP-00
	path = /mnt/itcp
	read-only = no
	guest ok = no
I can run 'smbclient -L <host_machine>' only my SAMBA server... in other linux hosts I get this message:

Server requested LANMAN password (share-level security) but 'client lanman auth' is disabled
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
In Gigolo I neither I can connect through SAMBA.

What should I do?
toothandnail

Post by toothandnail »

Is there a special reason for using these settings:

client lanman auth = yes
So far as I can see, they should only be needed for old versions of Windows (95.98.Me) and reduce security significantly.

Paul.
lmello

Post by lmello »

toothandnail wrote:Is there a special reason for using these settings:

client lanman auth = yes
So far as I can see, they should only be needed for old versions of Windows (95.98.Me) and reduce security significantly.

Paul.
Thanks for the advice, the lanman authorization is apparently needed for SAMBA logins in the host machine.
fdeak

Post by fdeak »

Just a quick note on the dbus timeout probem:

I've upgraded gnome-keyring, libgnome-keyring to version 3.0.3, and there are no more dbus errors.

Note, that I have not checked if there are any side effects of this upgrade... (but I don't see any problems
on my machine. but far as I know I'm not using gnome-keyring for anything else other than gigolo)

fdeak
toothandnail

Post by toothandnail »

fdeak wrote:Just a quick note on the dbus timeout probem:
Thanks for the heads-up - I would like to get the problem solved....
I've upgraded gnome-keyring, libgnome-keyring to version 3.0.3, and there are no more dbus errors.

Note, that I have not checked if there are any side effects of this upgrade... (but I don't see any problems
on my machine. but far as I know I'm not using gnome-keyring for anything else other than gigolo)
Interesting. I've built version 3.0.3 of libgnome-keyring, but I can't build 3.0.3 of gnome-keyring - it complains about the wrong gtk+ version:

Package requirements (gtk+-3.0 >= 2.90.0) were not met:
How did you get it built? I'm reluctant to upgrade gtk+ to version 3 - too much potential to break other things, I would expect.

Paul.
fdeak

Post by fdeak »

Interesting. I've built version 3.0.3 of libgnome-keyring, but I can't build 3.0.3 of gnome-keyring - it complains about the wrong gtk+ version:
Add a new configure option:

--with-gtk=2
fdeak
toothandnail

Post by toothandnail »

fdeak wrote:
Add a new configure option:

--with-gtk=2
Thanks. I read through the configure help, but didn't see that one. Works. And the timeout error is fixed as you said :)

Paul.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

It's safe to upgrade to libgnome-keyring and gnome-keyring 3.0.3. The soname didn't change, so not much of a difference compared to 2.32.0 which we already have. I'll upgrade the packages in the repositories too.