wicd-kde

If you have any suggestions or ideas about improving Salix, here's the place to post them.
Timmy!

wicd-kde

Post by Timmy! »

Although this package is quite simple to build and install yourself from SlackBuild, it would be nice if it were an installation option. I have been using it for quite sometime on Slackware and I have never had problems with it. More importantly, it integrates much better with KDE (obviously).

For those interested, after you build and install the package, add NotShowIn=KDE; to /etc/xdg/autostart/wicd-tray.desktop to keep the gtk tray icon from showing up in your KDE tray.

Enjoy! :)

Edit: By the way, while I'm at it, yawp would also be nice. It allows configuration for multiple online weather sources and is the ultimate weather plasmoid, in my opinion. Again, for newer users (who are weather fans like me), it is very easy to build and install from SlackBuild. Have a look at slackbuilds.org and make sure to read the SlackBuild Howto!
zAchAry

Re: wicd-kde

Post by zAchAry »

http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1348

It should be delivered by default to every KDE distro (especially Live CDs like Slax)
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
Timmy!

Post by Timmy! »

zAchAry wrote:....
Thanks, and my apologies for reposting a previous request. I did search first, though it's not always possible to use the same wording as a previous user. I searched specifically for wicd-kde, expecting the most relevant threads first, but hey... ;)

Admittedly, it's new years eve, I'm a little tanked, and my observation skills may be a little weak at the present time. Oops?! :lol:
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

No worries, it is happening to me as well ;-)
also, looking up for wm-logout will not yield this thread http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewtopic. ... out#p17814
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix