tsuren's chest of curious packages

Here you can post links to your contributed packages.
Shador

Re: tsuren's chest of curious packages

Post by Shador »

Yes, you're right, I read it at the time of packaging too, but they had no version newer than the synergy-plus one I think, so I stayed with it.
tsuren

Post by tsuren »

focuswriter
There is something attractive about distraction-free writing applications. For instance, PyRoom - it is a great application for minimalistic writers. PyRoom has been my favourite until today, until I found out about the application called "focuswriter". It is a good application - I especially love this quirky bit about type-writer sound as you type. Try it out. Unlike PyRoom, there are a little more options on how you can customise the background, set transparency, timer, etc. etc. I hope the author of this application will not abandon it.

focuswriter-1.3.2-i486-1tt.txz
'Tommorow is like today, just happens tomorrow.'
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

That looks fun!

Note that menus appear by pointing the mouse at the top of the screen, other features at the very bottom. If you select rich text, there are more formatting options.

I had to install hunspell as a dependency.
tsuren

Post by tsuren »

steghide

steghide is an application to embed some secret texts/pics/file on an image, i.e. an application for steganography. It is rather pointless but it gave me an opportunity to practise making some perl-gtk2 gui. To run the application, you need to have Gtk2-GladeXML and glade installed on your system. But I have no intention to promote my gui, as it is rather rubbish, but it is my chest of curious pacakges, and so I decided to put it out as well.

steghide-0.5.1-i486-1tt.txz
Gtk2-GladeXML-1.007-i486-1tt.txz
vostok (the gui): you need to have all three files in the same directory. To play, just execute vostok.pl. :)
tsuren

Post by tsuren »

Desktopnova

This is an application to switch your wall paper from one image to another at a set interval. It is easy to use, and although you cannot do anything fancy with it (like downloading pics directly from photo sites on the Internet), it is a pretty decent program to have if you are bored with staring at your backdrop all day long.

desktopnova-0.8.1-i486-1tt.txz
tsuren

Post by tsuren »

Screenlets

I wanted to have a simple clock/date widget on my desktop. You can get one of those from gnome-looks site (under screenlets), and some look really amazing. In any case, I needed to have an application called "screenlets" already installed on my machine to run those nice widgets on my desktop. So I made a package for this, and some missing dependency files also.

screenlets-0.1.5-i486-1tt.txz
which needs:
python-wnck-2.32.0-i486-1tt.txz
pysvg-0.2.1-i486-1tt.txz

You might have to install further dependency files depending on which screenlet you want to use. For example, to use eigenical-screenlet, you need libical installed on your system.
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

Thanks for desktopnova...exactly what my gf and I needed :)
tsuren

Post by tsuren »

ibus 1.4.0

If you are interested in updating it.

ibus-1.4.0-i486-1tt.txz

mozc 1.3.975.102
Again, if you are interested in updating it... (you can find the older package in the Japanese section). It's got some cool functions like "handwriting" etc.

mozc-1.3.975.102-i486-1tt.txz

You will have to update protobuf as well to the latest. I just downloaded the slackbuild file and changed the version number to 2.4.1. Alternatively, you can just download the SLKBULD from the Salix repo, change the version number, and compile it.

You might also have to install Zinnia and Tegaki if you want to activate the ”handwriting" function. You can find the packages from here.
tsuren

Post by tsuren »

jd

2 channel viewer. Unfortunately, I cannot post anything on the board as I live outside Japan. But sometimes, it's fun just to read...

jd-2.8.2-i486-1tt.txz